Abby's Reading Goals 2015

AbielleRose

For a while now its been hard for me to focus on reading, but I have so many beautiful books on my shelf that I am hoping to bring my mojo and focus back one chapter at a time. Lately it seems like I am only able to focus enough for a few pages, but a few pages are better than no pages, right? 

I'm starting off my list with just 5 books I want to read because right now a smaller goal seems more doable than a giant TBR mountain. 

To finish in 2015:

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa 

The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin

Matched by Ally Condie

The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson

The Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan

And hopefully, should the mojo give me a little encouragement, I'd like to read the whole Divergent series before I see the next movie, Insurgent.

Now, I shall stick my nose in The Iron King and hope to finish a chapter before I go finish the dishes. :)

YAY! I hope you have a good reading year, Abby! I often find if my mojo is being a nuisance it's good to pick up a book I've read a few times before, because I can skim it and get into the routine of reading with it, without having to actually use my brain because I already know the story! Reinforces the habit without draining yo' brain. :lol:

I've seen the name "The Iron King" floating around the forum, but I haven't heard of the rest of the ones on your TBR! I've never read anything by Maureen Johnson, though I know she is friends with/recommended by John Green. I used to follow her on Twitter though and she posted so much she did my head in :giggle2:

Good luck with your reading, Abby.  I have the Daisy Goodwin book on my wish list - she's presented some fantastic programmes for the BBC, and she's a successful television producer as well, and now she's writing books as well!  I think she's brilliant, and have been wanting to read that book for a while, and seeing it here has bumped it up my wish list again. :D

Happy reading, Abby!  :friends3:

I've read Divergent but haven't seen the movie yet, and I'm hoping to read the second book this year.

I hope your mojo comes back soon, Abby, and that you are able to focus on all those beautiful books you have on your shelves  :empathy:     :readingtwo:  Happy reading in 2015!

Happy reading in 2015 Abby, and hope that your reading mojo is tickety- boo too! :smile:  

Hope you have a good year this year, Abby.  :)

Thank you guys! There are so many good new books coming back, I hate feeling so far behind!

YAY! I hope you have a good reading year, Abby! I often find if my mojo is being a nuisance it's good to pick up a book I've read a few times before, because I can skim it and get into the routine of reading with it, without having to actually use my brain because I already know the story! Reinforces the habit without draining yo' brain. 

I've seen the name "The Iron King" floating around the forum, but I haven't heard of the rest of the ones on your TBR! I've never read anything by Maureen Johnson, though I know she is friends with/recommended by John Green. I used to follow her on Twitter though and she posted so much she did my head in 

Thanks Noll! I first heard of The Iron King on my writer's forum. The author pops in there every so often and was very highly recommended. Haha, I follow Maureen Johnson on Twitter and she is a bit nutty and does post a lot. I loved the first in this series (The Madness Underneath is book #2) but its been probably 3ish years or more since I've read book #1. I'm hoping I can fall back into that world without having to go back and reread the other one first.

Good luck with your reading, Abby.  I have the Daisy Goodwin book on my wish list - she's presented some fantastic programmes for the BBC, and she's a successful television producer as well, and now she's writing books as well!  I think she's brilliant, and have been wanting to read that book for a while, and seeing it here has bumped it up my wish list again. 

Oh really? I didn't know all that about her! That's really awesome. :D I love women who are multi-dimentional in real life. :D I remember picking that book up in the store a while back because the cover was beautiful and the story seemed like a good read. Funny how covers sometimes sell a good story just as well as the synopsis.

I hope you have a great reading year, Abby. 

Thank you! I hope you do, too! 

I've made it a chapter into The Iron King but did not get my daily chapter in yesterday because my leg pain flared. The pain has gone down and I'm drinking coffee now (yay!  :coffee1: ) so I'm hoping to get in at least 2 chapters to make up for yesterday's miss.