Free Books

Brian.

I thought I'd add another suggestion when it comes to sending items in return. If people would like they could always make a small donation to a charity instead, a children's charity or something to do with literacy would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. Gaia and Sousa, I will post your books to you at the beginning of next week, I had meant to do it today but I ran out of time to go to the post office. Last few days for anyone else to claim something they like, I am also adding Cold Comfort by Quentin Bates to the list.

• 2 years later...

I have decided to update this thread. I have a stack of books that I have finished reading so are up for grabs if anyone is interested in them. The criteria in my original post still applies and if any are unclaimed in 2 weeks they will be donated to a charity shop.

The Boys from Baghdad - Simon Low

Sidetracked - Henning Mankell

The Siren - Alison Bruce

The Life and Death of St Kilda - Tom Steel

Ringworld - Larry Niven

Last Human - Doug Naylor

The Accident on the A35 - Graeme Macrae Burnet

Infinity Welcomes Safe Drivers - Grant Naylor

Conclave - Robert Harris

Better Than Life - Grant Naylor

Silence - Jan Costin Wagner

The Highland Clearances - John Prebble

Solaris - Stanislaw Lem

The Rookie - Stephen Moss

Funeral in Berlin - Len Deighton

It's So Easy - Duff McKagan

Ice Breaker - John Gardner

Get Shorty - Elmore Leonard

The Light Between Oceans - M.L. Stedman

The Calling - Alison Bruce

IMG_2238.JPG

The Tom Steel book is brilliant - I have read this one a few times about the death throws of a really unique community and way of life. I would love to visit St Kilda some day, but I doubt whether I will get the chance, as it is a bit out of the way and not that easy to get to.  

Hi Brian, noticed that you rated The Rookie highly on Goodreads and I'd be interested in reading it myself - sounds right up my street. I notice your wishlist is empty at the moment, though... :unsure:

Yeah I cleared out my list to start again. I do have a short list on Amazon that I created if you want to take a look but there isn't a huge amount on there. If you PM me your address I'll get the book sent out to you late next week.