Free Books

Brian.

I have four paperbacks that are up for grabs if anyone wants one, free to a good home, I'll even pay postage worldwide. I'll be adding in the books I read as I go along throughout the year so there should be something of interest to most people. I know some people feel a little uncomfortable receiving free books, this isn't necessary but I am up for swaps of all kinds ( I like cookies :D ).

The only stipulation I have is that you are a member with more than 30 posts.

The White Lioness - Henning Mankell

Peace is Every Step - Thich Nhat Hanh

Physics of the Impossible - Michio Kaku

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

If these go unclaimed in 2 weeks they will be donated.

I'd be interested in The White Lioness, but GoodReads tells me it's part of a series. Can it be read as standalone?

I'm also interested in Physics of the Impossible. I don't think I've heard of it before but the synopsis sounds interesting.

I do live in the Netherlands so it would cost you a bit more to post it, than to the UK. Therefore I will understand if you choose to give the books to someone in the UK instead.

Are there any books you'd want that I can give you in return? I have a couple of double English copies of books though I don't have a list of them (but I could have a look around the house). Alternatively, you could also choose a book from BookDepository that I'll buy for you, if you want?

I'd be interested in The White Lioness, but GoodReads tells me it's part of a series. Can it be read as standalone?

I'm also interested in Physics of the Impossible. I don't think I've heard of it before but the synopsis sounds interesting.

I do live in the Netherlands so it would cost you a bit more to post it, than to the UK. Therefore I will understand if you choose to give the books to someone in the UK instead.

Are there any books you'd want that I can give you in return? I have a couple of double English copies of books though I don't have a list of them (but I could have a look around the house). Alternatively, you could also choose a book from BookDepository that I'll buy for you, if you want?

I have read the earlier books in the series but I had completely forgot what happened in them by the time I read The White Lioness. There is a character mentioned in the book who featured in book 2 but I don't think you'll miss anything by having not read book 2 first.

I have a goodreads wish list, you can check that out to see if there is anything you can send me Here. Failing that, I love Stoopwafels :D

I'll happily send you both for nothing in return though, PM me to let me know.

I would be interested in swapping The Bell Jar for cookies  :D   (or a book!).  It's been on my wish list for some time. :)

It's yours. You can check out my wishlist Here for any possible swaps. Let me know via PM and I'll send it your way.

I'll take Peace is Every Step - Thich Nhat Hanh for my mum and sister. Ones a Tibetan Buddhist nun, the other a zen nun in training.

Yeah, I am the odd one out. :giggle2:

p.s. my mum has a few doubles and triples of buddhist books, she is happy to swap for one of them if you like. If you are keen, I can take pictures of them and send to you to take a look.

Edited by Devi

I have read the earlier books in the series but I had completely forgot what happened in them by the time I read The White Lioness. There is a character mentioned in the book who featured in book 2 but I don't think you'll miss anything by having not read book 2 first.

I have a goodreads wish list, you can check that out to see if there is anything you can send me Here. Failing that, I love Stoopwafels :D

I'll happily send you both for nothing in return though, PM me to let me know.

I've sent you a PM :).

That sounds like a great idea Devi, I am always trying to increase my knowledge on Buddhism.

Okay. Currently we are having a thunderstorm, and it's 10pm at night. I will go to the unit in the morning (it's in the backyard) and take some photos for you. :)

Here are the books my mum has on offer. You are welcome to more than one. I put the pictures in an album, let me know if you are having any trouble viewing. :)

http://s744.photobucket.com/user/PSIress/library/buddhist%20books

Edited by Devi

Here are the books my mum has on offer. You are welcome to more than one. I put the pictures in an album, let me know if you are having any trouble viewing. :)

http://s744.photobucket.com/user/PSIress/library/buddhist%20books

I like the sound of The Essence of TIbetan Buddhism by Lama Thubten Yeshe so that would be great thanks.

I like the sound of The Essence of TIbetan Buddhism by Lama Thubten Yeshe so that would be great thanks.

Okay no problems. Just pm me your address, and I will grab the book from my mum. :)

Edited by Devi

The book arrived safely this morning, thank you, Brian.  :)   It looks brand new.  I'm trying to remember the condition of the Murakami one now!  I think it was okay - I do try to look after my books.  Thanks also for the origami bookmarks - they're brilliant!  :D

The book arrived safely this morning, thank you, Brian.  :)   It looks brand new.  I'm trying to remember the condition of the Murakami one now!  I think it was okay - I do try to look after my books.  Thanks also for the origami bookmarks - they're brilliant!  :D

I'm glad it arrived safely, the Murakami is in good condition so don't worry about it. Unless I have bought a used book, my books tend to look brand new, I am pretty careful with them.

Gaia - Your parcel arrived today :D . You sent me loads of goodies, they are going to last me a long time or make me fat :D , I love Stroopwafels.

Gaia - Your parcel arrived today :D . You sent me loads of goodies, they are going to last me a long time or make me fat :D , I love Stroopwafels.

That's great to hear, I'm glad it arrived safely. I hope you enjoy the stroopwafels :D!

Thank you so much for the book Brian, and thank you for the extra book No Time for Goodbye too. I am excited to read it. My sister said to pass on her thanks. Thich Nhat Hanh is one of her favourite Buddhism authors.

We love your origami bookmarks! My sister gave me one and she is keeping the other, now my mum wants one too. :giggle2:

Thank you so much for the book Brian, and thank you for the extra book No Time for Goodbye too. I am excited to read it. My sister said to pass on her thanks. Thich Nhat Hanh is one of her favourite Buddhism authors.

We love your origami bookmarks! My sister gave me one and she is keeping the other, now my mum wants one too. :giggle2:

My pleasure. I would have stuck another 2 bookmarks in with No Time For Goodbye but I only stuck the book in the parcel at the last moment after reading that you had added it to your wishlist.

Glad to see that everything arrived safely as I had started to worry a little bit for the books finding their way to The Netherlands. Once I have another small bundle finished with I will do the same thing again.

• 5 weeks later...

I have another batch of books up for grabs, same deal as before so let me know if you are interested in any. Reviews can be found in my book blog thread for 2015 if needed.

Octopussy & The Living Daylights - Ian Fleming

Last Evenings on Earth - Roberto Bolano

The Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Fathers & Sons - Ivan Turgenev

Dark Spring - Unica Zurn

The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami

Smack - Melvin Burgess

Edited by Brian.

Well.. I would like to read The Martian Chronicles and The Elephant Vanishes but I currently can't afford to send you another box of stroopwafels :( (I can afford the stroopwafels, but not the postage, which was much more last time than I had budgeted for. I didn't realise it was done by weight so I was just over a certain limit). I have spent some money this month on Game of Thrones season four and on the books I just bought today, there isn't much money leftover to spend on anything 'fun' for the rest of the month :blush2:. So I completely understand if you choose to send them to someone in the UK or if you give them to a charity shop or such, because I don't have the money at the moment to send something back to you. I might be able to send you a medium paperback from BookDepository, that I could do, something under 10 pounds, if you want? But I totally understand if you don't want to spend too much money shipping the books overseas. Feel free to PM me instead if you're more comfortable with that than replying here.