hello

nell_h

Hi, I've just decided to join the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been an avid reader for a few years now and wanted to find somewhere I can talk to other readers. I joined goodreads but didn't really get on with it so thought I'd try here.

My favourite author is Chuck Palahniuk and I enjoy dystopian novels as well as YA fantasy fiction. I'm always looking for new things to read so would appreciate any recommendations!

Damned is great, a really clever story. Have you read doomed as well? I enjoyed it but it didn't quite have the same impact as damned for me. I think my favourites are invisible monsters and rant

Damned is great, a really clever story. Have you read doomed as well? I enjoyed it but it didn't quite have the same impact as damned for me. I think my favourites are invisible monsters and rant

I did read it, I anticipated it a great deal and then felt really let down.  I tried to read Burnt Tongues, a collection of transgressive fiction short stories edited by him, but felt disappointed in that as well, so I haven't read any of his work since.  I do have Choke on my 2015 list to be read though, so I haven't totally given up!  I liked Invisible Monsters, but I don't think I have read Rant.

I'm reading burnt tongues now. I have a deadline for my PGCE coursework so thought I'd read that rather than a novel I'd get too involved in. I've enjoyed a couple of the stories but I agree, I'm a bit let down by it. Rant is a bit on the stranger side so if you're planning to read it I'd make sure you're feeling open minded.

• 2 weeks later...