John's Books Read 2015

geordie9

I'm sorry, I forget: was this your first time reading Misery? What did you think about it :) I read in the Book Activity thread that you're going to watch the movie. Have you seen it before? It would be interesting to hear how you'd compare the two! :)

Edit: Almost forgot!  :doh:  I got so excited about Misery :D  I meant to also say that I hope you have a great reading year in 2015! :)

Edited by frankie

I'm sorry, I forget: was this your first time reading Misery? What did you think about it :) I read in the Book Activity thread that you're going to watch the movie. Have you seen it before? It would be interesting to hear how you'd compare the two! :)

Edit: Almost forgot!  :doh:  I got so excited about Misery :D  I meant to also say that I hope you have a great reading year in 2015! :)

No i've read Misery once before, i loved it. Seen the film loads of times, Kathy Bates is the perfect Annie Wilkes & she thoroughly deserved her oscar for it.

I hope you have a great reading year. :smile:

Misery is such a good book. I hope to read it again this year.

I hope you have a good reading year in 2015 :).

Happy reading in 2015! I read my first two Kings last year and have now acquired Four Seasons at Anna's recommendation.

Thanks, i'm certain i will have a good reading year this year. And Four Seasons is a brilliant book, all the stories are some of King's best work.

Are you going to continue with the King's this year? 

Happy New Year!

Yes i'm continuing with all his books this year, hoping to get the rest of them read this year. I think its Tommyknockers next.

Yes i'm continuing with all his books this year, hoping to get the rest of them read this year. I think its Tommyknockers next.

Gosh, I don't even know if I've heard of that one!  Do you know how many there are total?  I'm contemplating an Under the Dome read this year.  Other than that, just some of his shorter stuff (Riding the Bullet, Girl who Loved Tom Gordon).

Tommyknockers is about a buried UFO, its not one of his best but it's still a good book. There's about 54 novels, 11 story collections. Hope you enjoy Under The Dome if you read it.

No i've read Misery once before, i loved it. Seen the film loads of times, Kathy Bates is the perfect Annie Wilkes & she thoroughly deserved her oscar for it.

Misery can certainly stand the re-read, I think it's one of King's finest. Well it's one of my favorites, at least :smile2: And I agree, Kathy Bates was excellent in the movie! The movie's so scary and creepy, I've had the nerve to watch it only once in my adult life. Brrrr! :blush::D 

The movie's so scary and creepy, I've had the nerve to watch it only once in my adult life. Brrrr! :blush::D

Ditto that!

I read Under The Dome a few years ago, and thought it was brilliant. I really enjoyed the ending too, but a lot of people did not. Hope you enjoy it if you read it!

Thanks for the input!

Tommyknockers is about a buried UFO, its not one of his best but it's still a good book. There's about 54 novels, 11 story collections. Hope you enjoy Under The Dome if you read it.

Oh my, what a description!  Most of these are re-reads for you, right?

Ditto that!

Thanks for the input!

Oh my, what a description!  Most of these are re-reads for you, right?

Yes i've read all King's books now except for Mr Mercedes & Revival, i think i'll just wait until i'm up to them to read them.

There's about 54 novels, 11 story collections. Hope you enjoy Under The Dome if you read it.

Oh dear, I knew he'd written a lot, but I've never seen the actual numbers before! I'll never catch up! I think I've read maybe 3 short story collections, and I'm currently on my first full-length novel (IT, although I've put it aside for the moment).

Happy reading in 2015. :) Do you think you'll get to Mr Mercedes and Revival this year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:006:

Good to see you around, how are you doing?  And you finished Needful Things, one of my favorites!

Thanks, im ok, been really busy lately so haven't had much time for reading. Yes Needful Things is one of my favourites too, was good to read it again.