What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if y'all are familiar with the film, 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis.....but there is a TV show based on the film.  Just discovered it on Amazon Prime.  Saw a little of the first episode and it looks like it's true to the film, so far. 

I don't know if y'all are familiar with the film, 12 Monkeys with Bruce Willis.....but there is a TV show based on the film.  Just discovered it on Amazon Prime.  Saw a little of the first episode and it looks like it's true to the film, so far. 

Interesting! Must look that one up....I am watching series 1 of The Paradise and also The Crimson Petal And The White

I wasn't planning to, but I ended up watching Wolf Hall on Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised.  I do like period dramas like this, but I don't often watch them - in this case I'm glad I did.  Well written, with strong performances, it will be interesting to see how this develops. 

On the note of it being too dark, I didn't have any problems with this and I'm wondering if it is the same issue as people who complain that the music in certain programs drowns out the dialogue.  My impression, in these cases, is that the people complaining don't know how to set up their TVs correctly, now that they have different sound settings/don't have balance and contrast knobs on the front.  If you saw the comments in the Daily Fail, you would have thought the program had been filmed in a black hole! [/justlookingforsomethingtocomplainabout].

Continuum 2x06.  That was what they call a 'game-changer', I think :o

ETA:  started watching the first episode of Extant but turned it off after about 15 mins.  Utter tripe.

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Arggh! came home from work last night got settled down on the settee with a beer all ready to watch the last episode of The Crimson Petal And The White which has had me gripped  for one hour before bed the previous 3 nights. But there is something wrong with the DVD. The last episode won't play. Curses!

I'm also still partway through Breaking Bad, but it hasn't properly gripped me yet.

Where are you with it? I found that season 2 went a little flat but once that was over it really picked up again until the whole thing was finished.

I'm getting into the US version of The Office. Pretty funny! :D  I'm also still partway through Breaking Bad, but it hasn't properly gripped me yet.

Oh my god oh my god!! :D You're in for such a great treat!!!! :exc: It's one of my favorite shows and I'm forever trying to get one of my friends to watch it, but no one's interested, they either love the UK version too much and don't want to hear of the American version, or they want to watch the original first. How many episodes have you watched?! 

The Big Bang Theory.

I love that show :D!

Rewatched the first episode of Sherlock earlier, and suspect I'll work my way through all three series again. Such a flawless show.

I agree, I love this show too! (though I liked series three less than the other two).

Stargate SG1 on telly, have seen all episodes several times but hey, it's good background while forumming. ;)

I love this show too! 

Arggh! came home from work last night got settled down on the settee with a beer all ready to watch the last episode of The Crimson Petal And The White which has had me gripped  for one hour before bed the previous 3 nights. But there is something wrong with the DVD. The last episode won't play. Curses!

Awwww :( that is really annoying. I quite liked seeing the two part series, though I did prefer the book as usually but I thought it was nicely done.

Haven't watched it yet.  Could you see what was going on? :giggle2:

It was very dark still ... but I like it .. very authentic. The costumes (especially the nightshirts etc) look like they've been well worn etc .. lots of attention has gone into making it all look genuine. Locations too and the meals etc. Loving it :)

Great performances again by Mark Rylance and Jonathan Pryce.