What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Brown ~ the joys of unemployment, it is a pretty good show :)

:D It's rather good, isn't it?!  :giggle2: . Then James Martin a bit later on....  

Edited by Marie H

I don't normally watch tv (as in, sit in front of a box and browse channels to find something) but as I'm currently at my parents, its all I'm doing. I've watched Jeremy Kyle twice, to my shame. But I'm doing better tonight - QI followed by Mock The Week and now Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled - which appears to be a few people sitting around drinking and having a chat. Riveting...

Just rented first two seasons of Northern Exposure. I wanted Game of Thrones but the first season was checked out.

That is such a great show. Very underrated. If anyone hasn't watched it I highly recommend checking it out.

We've been watching some older episodes of Futurama (from season two). My boyfriend and I were both ill sitting on the sofa yesterday and he watched a few episodes using his headphones. We've both seen them before, and while I didn't plan on watching them, I was intruiged so I ended up watching most of them too, reading the subtitles and hearing soft voices through the headphones (but loud enough for me to work out what they were saying, in combination with the subtitles). I really do love this show. My boyfriend has a boxset with seasons 1-4 on DVD and he's been rewatching them starting at the beginning.

I watched a couple of episodes of Penny Dreadful with my family a couple of days ago... that was not a good idea. Not sure I'd watch anymore anyway.

I gave up on that after a couple of episodes - thought the 'dreadful' was very appropriate.  But then I have a friend who watched it right through and enjoyed it, so . . . :shrug:

Episode 2x04 of Continuum last night.  Really good.

Wolf Hall ... really enjoying it  :)

It was pretty decent, I thought.  It was never going to be as good as the book, cos it can't get inside Cromwell's head the way the book does, but it was a promising beginning.  I thought Jonathan Pryce was excellent.  It was all a bit dark, though, wasn't it?  Where are they?  I can't see them!  :giggle2:

It was pretty decent, I thought.  It was never going to be as good as the book, cos it can't get inside Cromwell's head the way the book does, but it was a promising beginning.  I thought Jonathan Pryce was excellent.  It was all a bit dark, though, wasn't it?  Where are they?  I can't see them!  :giggle2:

Yes .. drama by candlelight :D

For the first few minutes I wasn't sure about Mark Rylance but very soon grew to like him in the part and by the end was totally converted .. Jonathan Pryce was excellent as you say. It's not going to be as detailed as the book but I'm very happy with it so far .. Damian looks as if he's going to make a brilliant Henry and Claire Foy surprised me .. I've only ever seen her in soft and gentle roles .. so didn't think she'd make a good Anne Boleyn (never going to be as good as Natalie Dormer .. who embodied her completely I thought) .. she was feisty though and I think she'll be fine.

It was one of those dramas were you kept thinking 'who's he/she? .. what have they been in?' .. so many familiar faces.