What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

I've been watching lots of stuff - it's probably taking over my reading more than it should have done though.

The last Kingdom 1-4 - pretty good so far, though sometimes I get a bit confused by all the characters. To be fair, I'm currently easily confused, especially as I quite often multi task whilst watching telly via IPlayer on my phone :D

Supergirl ep 1 - I rather enjoyed it although it seems very much 'The OC' take on a comic book character rather than the darker approach of say, Daredevil!

Arne Dahl - quite enjoyable scandi crime series. I still have no idea why it was called that name though?! Looking forward to The Bridge this week, though isn't the guy not in it any more? I shall miss him if so. :(

River - quite a different type of series & I enjoyed it. I concur with the underratedness of Nicola Watson (although I can't really see her as anything other than 'Ruth' :). I've got her other recent series 'Unforgettable' (or was it 'Unforgotten') ready to watch on the TiVo too.

You, Me & the apocalypse - bizarre premise, but I'm really enjoying this :)

[Catastrophe - hilarious as ever. I love Sharon Morgan :)

Together 1-6 - sweetly amusing comedy

Peep Show - back on form after a 3 year gap:)

The Apprentice -they are all quite annoying, but I still love this show & the incompetence of them all

This is England 90 ep 1 - great so far - need to finish the series

Doctor Who - usual mix of good & bad episodes

Josh ep 1&2 - so far, a bit of a paint by numbers kind of sitcom, but I'll stick with it for now

There's probably other stuff I've forgotten about too :)

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

River - quite a different type of series & I enjoyed it. I concur with the underratedness of Nicola Watson (although I can't really see her as anything other than 'Ruth' :). I've got her other recent series 'Unforgettable' (or was it 'Unforgotten') ready to watch on the TiVo too.

Ah, lovely Ruth.  :D

I saw Unforgotten - very good - have yet to watch more than the first ep of River.   :smile: 

I started watching The Flash recently. I'm up to episode 6 of season 1 and really enjoying it.

I also watched the first couple of episodes of The Little House on the Prairie. Never seen it before, but it's good so far.

I've caught up on my favourite shows that were airing while I was away. The most recent episode of How to Get Away with Murder was fantastic!

Last Kingdom.

And it was bloody brilliant!

Yes, it was! :yes:

Jessica Jones 1x01 - 1x04.  Very impressed!   :cool:

The Bridge 3x01 and 3x02 - welcome back Saga, I've missed you :wub:  :D

Agents of SHIELD 3x08 - cracking!  :o

I also watched the first couple of episodes of The Little House on the Prairie. Never seen it before, but it's good so far.

I have watched these a few times, they are brilliant, you have got a long way to go though.

Jessica Jones 1x05.  Okay, that was excellent.  I always disliked David Tennant - now I know why.  He's evil:o  :hide:

Supergirl 1x04.  Oooh, an actual hint of an actual plot.  Blimey! :D  Nice touch having Dean Cain and Helen Slater as Kara's adoptive parents, I thought (been meaning to say that since the first episode)  :smile:

The Walking Dead 6x07.  Oh, what a surprise - not :rolleyes:

I have watched these a few times, they are brilliant, you have got a long way to go though.

I'll say! There's quite a few seasons, isn't there? :o

I last watched the latest episodes of The Walking Dead (brilliant, just brilliant) and The Good Wife (Eli Gold is one of my favourite ever fictional characters; Alan Cumming is wonderful and cracks me up!)

The Walking Dead 6x07.  Oh, what a surprise - not :rolleyes:

Agreed,

but that didn't stop me shouting and gloating at the TV in delight. It happened exactly as I thought/hoped it had.

Loved the end of the ep too. Should be a good episode next week! And then the dreaded wait for the second half of the season. :( I know how I'll be spending Valentine's Day next year! :D

There was more NOT in the latest film than was in it.

Here is a link to a Guardian article interviewing Oldman. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/sep/11/gary-oldman-smiley-tinker-tailor

I do not agree with the interviewers take on the 1979 versions Smiley/Guinness. I believe the 1979 version was true(er)to both the books and life. And even they left some out and interpreted.

Agree with you as to interpretation. The original was understated elegance, the newer version, I found (I hate to say it) Americanized/Hollywoodized.

I'll watch the series and then I'll get back to you.

Just wanted to update a bit.  I've finished the Karla Trilogy, and have to say that the original mini series with Alec Guinness follows the first and third book faithfully  Even to a great deal of the dialogue.  The middle is left out entirely, as far as I could tell. 

I'll be interested in your take on the series.  Have you read any of the books yet?

I'll be interested in your take on the series.  Have you read any of the books yet?

I won't watch the series, because I can't follow the dialogue with its current quality of audio. I've looked for the subtitles, but they don't match the number of episodes: there are two versions of the series, one with six episodes and one with seven. I don't know if I'll read the books one day.

I won't watch the series, because I can't follow the dialogue with its current quality of audio. I've looked for the subtitles, but they don't match the number of episodes: there are two versions of the series, one with six episodes and one with seven. I don't know if I'll read the books one day.

hmmm, interesting. Sorry you ran into that problem.

The last kingdom ep 5 - followed this one a bit better

Catastrophe - love this show. Only one ep left. :(

Jessica Jones 1-4 - really liking this so far

You, me & the apocalypse - one to go, am interested to see how this all ends up

The Bridge 1-3 - yay, Saga!

London Spy 1 -2 - different to what I expected it to be

Eddie Izzard - Force Majuere - had this a while without getting round to watching it. Some good stuff in here & it probably warrants a repeat visit

Ash vs The Evil Dead ep 1 - totally bat-shhhhhhh crazy!

• 3 weeks later...