What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started watching the first episode of season 2 of True Detective but it sent me to sleep (much like the first season did!) so gave up on that.

Then watched ep 5 of Wayward Pines.  I like that it's started revealing answers to the mystery already, instead of waiting right till the last couple of episodes.

Then I watched the second episode of Dark Matter.  Badly acted, terrible dialogue, by-the-numbers story.  But apart from that it's not bad.  Don't think I'll be watching any more of it, somehow  :giggle2:

I'm at the end of Season 7. It's good to be watching it again. :boogie:

I can't believe you're that far already! :D I want to ask,

who's your favorite pair? I mean Jim and Pam obviously, but do you have any others? Oh, well Michael and Holly obviously, you've already seen them. Oh my I was so happy for Michael when they started going out! :wub: So so happy!! Perfect together. But I wonder... How do you like Erin, the new receptionist? And her ... dalliances? I don't want to make a more straightforward question because I can't remember in which series they showed what... 

Then watched ep 5 of Wayward Pines.  I like that it's started revealing answers to the mystery already, instead of waiting right till the last couple of episodes.

Is it good? I watched the first episode, or maybe two, but the time slot was a really inconvenient one. I hate it that I haven't been watching it :( 

Is it good? I watched the first episode, or maybe two, but the time slot was a really inconvenient one. I hate it that I haven't been watching it :(

Yeah, it's not bad at all.  Nothing to do with Carla Gugino being in it, of course :giggle2:  I don't normally like these 'event' type series, like Lost or whatever, but apparently this is going to be a one season and done affair.  It's based on a trilogy by Blake Crouch and all three books are going to be covered by the ten episodes of this season so, unless they make up some way of spinning it out beyond that, it shouldn't overstay its welcome  :smile:

Yeah, it's not bad at all.  Nothing to do with Carla Gugino being in it, of course :giggle2:  I don't normally like these 'event' type series, like Lost or whatever, but apparently this is going to be a one season and done affair.  It's based on a trilogy by Blake Crouch and all three books are going to be covered by the ten episodes of this season so, unless they make up some way of spinning it out beyond that, it shouldn't overstay its welcome  :smile:

I know about the books, I've ordered the first one in the series. They've become rather sought out over here, must be because of the TV series. I'm regretting not watching the show... I hope the books will be ace!! 

I know about the books, I've ordered the first one in the series. They've become rather sought out over here, must be because of the TV series. I'm regretting not watching the show... I hope the books will be ace!! 

It'll be interesting to hear what you make of it.  I've no idea how much they're missing out in the show - five episodes to adapt the first book, then the five remaining episodes to do books 2 and 3.  Sounds like it might be a bit rushed but we'll see  :shrug:

It'll be interesting to hear what you make of it.  I've no idea how much they're missing out in the show - five episodes to adapt the first book, then the five remaining episodes to do books 2 and 3.  Sounds like it might be a bit rushed but we'll see   :shrug:

That's interesting to know... Or maybe the author got wordy but nothing really happened in the last two books :D So it was easy for the series makers :D 

I can't believe you're that far already! :D I want to ask,

who's your favorite pair? I mean Jim and Pam obviously, but do you have any others? Oh, well Michael and Holly obviously, you've already seen them. Oh my I was so happy for Michael when they started going out! :wub: So so happy!! Perfect together. But I wonder... How do you like Erin, the new receptionist? And her ... dalliances? I don't want to make a more straightforward question because I can't remember in which series they showed what... 

My favourite is definitely

Jim and Pam. But I also like Dwight and Angela even though their arrangement is a bit sick and twisted. It just makes me laugh. :D  I love Erin....I think she's so goofy and ditsy. I'm always laughing when she's on screen. :D 

My favourite is definitely

Jim and Pam. But I also like Dwight and Angela even though their arrangement is a bit sick and twisted. It just makes me laugh. :D  I love Erin....I think she's so goofy and ditsy. I'm always laughing when she's on screen. :D 

Dwight and Angela are funny, too, yes :D I loved it how Andy was with Angela and in the throes of passion Angela kept saying 'Oh, D!', and Andy told this to Dwight and Andy thought it was because of Nard Dog :D And Dwight realized what it was actually for, and he was like, 'Yeah!! 'Oh, D!'' :lol: 

Happy to hear you like Erin! She's definitely ditzy, sometimes to the point where I think, nobody can be that ditzy?! I think she and Andy would make a great couple :wub:

I've been watching Wayward Pines, I've watched 5 eps to correspond with having read the first book. Varies quite a lot from the book in the order of events, but not hugely in actual content. The big end-of-book/mid-series thing is done better in the book, imo. Most of the sequencing is better in the book, actually, imo. I'm reading book 2 now, but it has none of the mystery of the first book so it's more or less just a bit of a thriller so far.

I've switched in the meantime to (re)watching Merlin. :)

I've had my TV disconnected for a few days while I do some renovations. But I've still got the Internet. ;) I just watched the first episode of Wayward Pines after seeing it mentioned a million times around the forum. I'd never heard of the books before and have no interest in reading them, but I'll continue on with the show—it's good so far.

I'm currently watching an episode of The Forsyte Saga, which I remember watching years ago. But BF and I are also (FINALLY) in the middle of Season 3 of Game of Thrones.

Adventure Time (I'm addicted), when I am looking after the girls, its either 'Spongebob' (Aoife) or Cbeebies (Islay) :)

My Sky box managed to fail whilst I was on holiday, so thank heavens for On Demand :D

Catching up on Wayward Pines, up to ep 8.  It's getting dumber and dumber :lol:

Defiance 3x03.  And this show is getting better and better :o