What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met him at work years and years ago … he's definitely a keeper, as I'd end up eating beans on toast or pasta every day without him! :lol:

Well, I need a cook and work for myself, too, so please PM me the details and I'll send out a job application :giggle2::D 

I'm currently watching the computer screen, as I'm doing uni work :rolleyes: Oh crap and it's TBBT time!! Maybe I should go and have a break... :giggle2: 

We've started Elementary.  The American version of Sherlock Holmes.  I'm torn.  I like it, but don't love it.  Although at about 2/3rds of the way through the first season, it's definitely growing on me.

I'm rediscovering one of my childhood favourite shows, Upwardly Mobile. Irish comedy show about two... common Dubliners who win the lotto and move to a well-to-do area, to the dismay of their new neighbours. Absolutely terrible show, no idea how it got made. It has always been impossible to find anywhere online, but it seems someone uploaded a load of episodes to youtube last year, so now I'm working my way through them.

I've recently got into a show from the UK called Come Dine with Me. They tried to make it here last year, but it only lasted one season and was nowhere near as good, mostly because no one can beat Dave Lamb as narrator in my opinion. I love seeing the scenery and getting a glimps into people's lives and homes.

I'm not really one for reality TV shows either, so I was quite shocked at how much I enjoyed it when I sat down with my sister who loves the shows.

We currently get come dine with me, come dine with me couples, and come dine with me canada on foxtel here. One year we had come dine with me Australia.

Edited by Devi

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the umpteenth time. I'm sure they play this particular HP movie on TV more often than they do any of the others! Luckily it's one of my faves, especially the whole time-turning sequence near the end. :)

I've recently got into a show from the UK called Come Dine with Me. They tried to make it here last year, but it only lasted one season and was nowhere near as good, mostly because no one can beat Dave Lamb as narrator in my opinion. I love seeing the scenery and getting a glimps into people's lives and homes.

I'm not really one for reality TV shows either, so I was quite shocked at how much I enjoyed it when I sat down with my sister who loves the shows.

We currently get come dine with me, come dine with me couples, and come dine with me canada on foxtel here. One year we had come dine with me Australia.

I love that show so much, Dave Lamb is a legend. There is an Irish version - a year or two back they held it in my home county and someone I know (not well, knew her daughter growing up) was on it - and won. Which was hilarious, because her solution to not being sure if something was entirely cooked after coming out of the oven was to 'blast it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, just in case'. :lol:

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the umpteenth time. I'm sure they play this particular HP movie on TV more often than they do any of the others! Luckily it's one of my faves, especially the whole time-turning sequence near the end. :)

I loooooooooooooove that film. I was in Eason's today and there were a set of HP books that were absolutely gorgeous, particularly the Azkaban one - it had Harry summoning his patronus and fighting off a dementor on the cover. (I've been reading e-copies of the HP books, I would LOVE to get a set of all seven though.)

Tonight I started watching Parks & Rec, which is a show I had been told before was very good and that it would be my 'sort of thing' - I have to admit they were correct. Watched the first season and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love that show so much, Dave Lamb is a legend. There is an Irish version - a year or two back they held it in my home county and someone I know (not well, knew her daughter growing up) was on it - and won. Which was hilarious, because her solution to not being sure if something was entirely cooked after coming out of the oven was to 'blast it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, just in case'. :lol: 

That's why I love the show! It's funny what some people will do, and/or don't know. Dave Lamb makes the show, I just love his sense of humour. One episode I watched, a lady was trying to make meringues, she used a dough kneader in the blender instead of a whisk. It didn't turn out good, she hadn't made it before and it was so runny. Oh and in another episode, this lady was trying to whip cream, and kept asking if you were meant to put it over your head to see if it was stiff peaks... She picked the bowl up a couple of times, and looked like she was going to try and put it over her head. I was so hoping she was going to do it. :giggle2:

Still watching The Office (US Version). Loving that

Jim and Pam are finally together :wub: , but sad about Dwight and Angela. Though he did kill her cat, so one can hardly blame her. :thud: I did think they were cute as a couple though.

I know!!

I was really anxious for you to watch on and to see that they ended up together :wub: They are my favorite couple in the history of TV show :wub: They are just made for each other. 

I was also sad to see Dwight and Angela break up :( (Were you surprised when they hooked up?? :D) Like you said, no one can blame her, although in a way I see Dwight thought he was doing the right thing, putting the cat out of its misery. But he should've made Angela do it herself and not do it behind her back. But they were great together, and I was sad when it ended :(

I love it, Kylie :D No worries, I've already seen up to this current season. Now that the series is ending I wanted to go back and rewatch before I start watching this current season. Its still weird to see Lauren Graham as another character. She'll always be Lorelai to me.  :giggle:

Britain's Tudor Treasure: A Night at Hampton Court with Lucy Worsley and David Starkey. Lucy I like very much but David rubs me right up the wrong way. Still .. it's a fascinating programme. Who'd be a woman in Tudor times?? Who'd be a Queen for that matter. Who'd actually come anywhere near old Henry? It was a curse if you took his fancy .. better off putting a bag on your head  :blush2: 

Also watched The Last Days of Anne Boleyn yesterday which was also interesting. Hilary Mantel was on it giving her opinion .. as was Alison Weir. Lots of historians as well (including David again) .. mostly disagreeing with each other :D  The outcome being .. we don't know anything .. for sure.