The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched American Sniper and the personal story.It's like The Hurt Locker, You can experience the personal story without getting into the reasons for the war.

I also watched Taken 3, Liam Neeson.

Edited by dex

That's good to know as I'm hoping to see it either this week or next.

I hope you enjoy it! I imagine there will be people who don't, because they expect Matrix-style action, but I think it's a really great film.

Not dissimilar in tone to Moon, if you've seen that. Similar kind of subdued tone where the futuristic sci-fi stuff comes second to the human component.

Posted Yesterday, 10:06 AM

dex, on 26 Jan 2015 - 6:23 PM, said:snapback.png

I also watched Taken 3, Liam Neeson.

Is it as awful as it looks?

I watched it for free, through an app. I didn't have any plans to see it at the cinema. 

It could have done with being a harder version, but it was still enjoyable.

Yesterday we watched Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters which was quite enjoyable. A few times things happened that I thought would happen, but despite that I found the film to be very enjoyable. This is the second film of Percy Jackson. I don't know if they're making any more or not, I hope so. There are five books in the original series and then more in another series as well. I plan to read the original series this year, after seeing the films I definitely want to read the books! (even though I normally read the book before I see the film :blush2:)

Saw Interstellar last night, again, but this time at the Imax. Simply amazing!

Ohhh, I bet!  We've seen it, once.  I'd like to see it again though.

Last night we watched one of the most innovative films with Tom Hardy.  Locke.  The entire film is set in his automobile, while he is on his way.....somewhere.  We get the details through a series of emotional phone calls with various people in his life.  Absolutely riveting.  The tension is palpable.