The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

I know, 3 hours but it none of it is filler. My favourite is Yojimbo, I've seen it many times over the years.

Yeah, Yojimbo is fantastic, and has the benefit of being about half the length of Seven Samurai :lol:  Toshiro Mifune in top form in both of them  :smile:

It pains me to admit it because I generally dislike modern Disney and Pixar, but that is a great film. I ADORE Olaf. I need an actual Olaf in my life.

Sven rules!  :D

Sven%20Frozen_zpsyktmemmr.gif

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed Elysium too, Athena. :)

I think the last movie I watched was Journey to the Centre of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. The least said about it the better. It was just so bad. I kept cursing myself for not changing the channel, but I was in such a 'blah' mood that I couldn't be bothered. So I just watched it and cursed.  :censored:

I think the last movie I watched was Journey to the Centre of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. The least said about it the better. It was just so bad. I kept cursing myself for not changing the channel, but I was in such a 'blah' mood that I couldn't be bothered. So I just watched it and cursed.  :censored:

Haha, yeah that is awful. I remember I saw an abridged 4D version at a museum or something... it was two extra dimensions of awful :doh:  

Yesterday we watched Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief. I haven't yet read the books (though the film gives me a good excuse to start on them as I own some of them and haven't read them yet). The film was good, I enjoyed it. A few things were a bit predictable, particularly if you know something of Greek mythology, but overall I enjoyed it. I liked how the mythology was used in a more modern day setting.

I just watched Guardians Of The Galaxy. It is 100% not something husband would want to watch, so I decided to watch it while he was not here. 

I went in with absolutely no knowledge or expectations - Loved it!  :D

I was the same Chrissy, really wanted to see but didn't expect I would like as much as I did :) 

Chrissy, I can see by your new avatar how much you were taken with Guardians of the Galaxy. Groot was so cute at the end! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Sorry for butting in Kylie, I love Groot and dancing Groot :)

We went to see The Imitation Game day before yesterday......it was fantastic. 

Watched several at home yesterday, Evidence of Blood, Rebecca, and the rather meh remake of Suspicion

We went to see The Imitation Game day before yesterday......it was fantastic. 

Watched several at home yesterday, Evidence of Blood, Rebecca, and the rather meh remake of Suspicion

Loved the original Suspicion .. though the ending was a bit of a cop out .. I didn't know there was a remake though. Which Rebecca did you watch Kate? .. Joan Fontaine? I love that film. 

I was the same Chrissy, really wanted to see but didn't expect I would like as much as I did :) 

Great stuff!

:D

Chrissy, I can see by your new avatar how much you were taken with Guardians of the Galaxy. Groot was so cute at the end! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I adored Groot already (I even cheered when he kebabbed a line of baddies), but baby Groot? OMG!!!!!!  :blush2:

I liked Groot a lot too! Nice avatar :D.

Btw, in Dutch "groot" means "big" or "large" :P.

In which case Gaia, I can honestly say "I am Groot!".  :D

Loved the original Suspicion .. though the ending was a bit of a cop out .. I didn't know there was a remake though. Which Rebecca did you watch Kate? .. Joan Fontaine? I love that film. 

The first part of this version of Suspicion played like one of those drawing room comedies.  I'm not a fan......:roll:  And the end, well....ick.

Yes, the Olivier/Fontaine version......both so absolutely marvelous.  And!, the wonderful George Sands played the bad boy/cousin.  :D  I've always liked him, so much.