The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatched Willow.  Was good to see it again after many years but the whole film is a bit flat unfortunately story-wise. I did like that they used real dwarves and that they are real personalities and heroes and not figures of fun or to add colour. The queen's dogs are funny they look like Dennis The Menaces' dog Gnasher. 

Yesterday I watched De Griezelbus, the film based on the De Griezelbus book series. It was nice, though since it was a children's film it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. I preferred the book but it was nice to see the film.

I watched Something Borrowed the other night, and last night I watched The Police Academy. It was the first movie and I don't think I've really, really watched it in years and years, and so there was plenty of stuff that I didn't remember about. It was entertaining :) 

I recently watched The Dallas Buyers Club, which was very good, although I cringed at how thin Matthew McConaughey was. :thud:

He lost 50 pounds for it :o Ate egg whites and chicken breast, drank diet coke.

Yesterday we re-watched the 6th Harry Potter film. Now only 2 to go! It's fun re-watching these films. It makes me want to re-read the books too, but it wasn't that long ago that I read them so I think I'll wait a bit longer really.

Went to see Hunger Games 3.2 this afternoon. It was a bit of a nightmare as we took Ellie & she got upset as soon as it started. She'd been fine the previous time we went to the cinema (at 2 weeks old) but this was a different cinema and I think the volume was much higher, so even the blanket around her head didn't stop her getting upset at the loud bits. I ended up watching the whole film from the entry corridor whilst sitting on the floor feeding her so that it was a) a bit quieter for her and b) I could make a quick escape out the door if she started off again so as not to disturb anyone else's viewing. I think I'll be sticking to 'newbies' cinema from now on! ;)

The film was pretty good though & stayed true to the book as far as I can remember. :)

Yesterday we re-watched the 7th Harry Potter film (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1). It was great to see it again. I was feeling quite tired after only 40 mins in, but we ended up watching the whole film anyway. I probably would have enjoyed it even more had I not been so tired, but it was still nice. Now up next is the last film, that should be good to re-watch.

After trying to get my son to watch Big Hero 6 ever since he was bought it for his birthday back in June, as an alternative to the zillionth showing of one of the three Toy Story's, we finally convinced him & we all really enjoyed it. He actually sat through all the way through without being distracted!

I loved Big Hero 6!

Yesterday we watched Inside Out, which I enjoyed a lot, it was really good. A few things were predictable but other things weren't and overall I really enjoyed watching it. The film was funny sometimes too.

Yesterday we watched Inside Out, which I enjoyed a lot, it was really good. A few things were predictable but other things weren't and overall I really enjoyed watching it. The film was funny sometimes too.

I loved Inside Out... I can't decide if I liked it better or Home better!