The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

Doh. I even checked Wikipedia to make sure I got it right...it does say 'US and Soviet Union' detonate the bombs, but obviously not in their own or each other's country.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last film I went to see, which was last weekend was Amy. It isn't on at that many cinemas, but is well worth seeing if you are an Amy Winehouse fan, or even if you're not.   

The kids forced me to watch Big Hero 6. It was actually very good.

That's great to hear.

If I Stay - sentimental drivel but my daughter quite liked it.. For teen girls only I'd say!!

I've read the book but I haven't seen the film yet, I do have the DVD though so one of these days.. I liked the book (the sequel less so).

Yesterday I watched Titan A.E., which was really good.

Watched This Means War and The Proposal - seen both before, neither are any where near the best of their ilk, but I have a soft spot for that sort of big budget, big names, cheesy romcom. :lol:

Also watched an old black and white classic - The Happiest Days of Your Life with Alistair Sim, Margaret Rutherford and Joyce Grenfell, which was just delightful. :D

I saw some films during the past week.

In the Mood for Love - great, felt strangely like a post-WWII film

Mad Max: Fury Road - good, full of inventive action scenes
Ex Machina - Alicia Vikander's scenes are good, the rest is bad
Mr. Holmes - generic sunday afternoon television film, which isn't necessarily a bad thing
Jiro Dreams of Sushi - self-indulgent, as documentaries tend to be
The Grand Budapest Hotel - a bit dull, despite the great attention to detail and the over-sized, over-qualified cast.

Edited by Sousa

The Incredible Hulk

I've managed to miss this one on TV etc. so bought it as part of a HMV 5 for £30.00 Blu-ray offer.  I spent most all of the film wishing Banner was being played by Mark Ruffalo, Ed Norton has zero charisma. The story was a bit thin as well.