The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

I got to see Pixar's Inside Out on opening day, a few days ago... Thursday, I believe.  It was really good, I loved all the characters, Lewis Black is a really good Anger.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm Bodies is a great film, not too cliche and quite funny in parts. The book is well worth reading, but don't expect it to be a fluffy romantic comedy - it was written by an author who was struggling with his sense of self and at the time - its very much about philosophical zombies and rediscovering what it means to be human. Highly recommend it.

Sounds good :)

I got to see Pixar's Inside Out on opening day, a few days ago... Thursday, I believe.  It was really good, I loved all the characters, Lewis Black is a really good Anger.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I want to see it too.

What plot holes,vodkafan? I loved that film, don't remember plotholes.

I watched The Royal Tenenbaums last night. Weird, weird film. One of those that made me feel kinda dumb because I don't really get why people think its so accomplished. The ending did make me cry, though.

What plot holes,vodkafan? I loved that film, don't remember plotholes.

I watched The Royal Tenenbaums last night. Weird, weird film. One of those that made me feel kinda dumb because I don't really get why people think its so accomplished. The ending did make me cry, though.

I will PM you about the plotholes Nollaig! 

Just watched The Giver with my 10 year old, it wasn't exactly true to the book but it was very watchable. I did have to explain some of it to my son, but I have to say he viewed the film in a more positive light than I did due to not understanding it so well, which I am actually very pleased about as in hindsight it was a little dark for him!

Just watched The Giver with my 10 year old, it wasn't exactly true to the book but it was very watchable. I did have to explain some of it to my son, but I have to say he viewed the film in a more positive light than I did due to not understanding it so well, which I am actually very pleased about as in hindsight it was a little dark for him!

Aww, I love it that you watch movies together with your kids and that they want to talk to you about them and you have great conversations. I don't remember doing that with my parents... I think they were too busy to watch movies with us back in the day, or maybe we did watch movies together but I've forgotten. Anyway, I just think it's ace, what you're doing :) 

Aww, I love it that you watch movies together with your kids and that they want to talk to you about them and you have great conversations. I don't remember doing that with my parents... I think they were too busy to watch movies with us back in the day, or maybe we did watch movies together but I've forgotten. Anyway, I just think it's ace, what you're doing :)

Thanks Sari, we don't get too much time to do it but I love it when we do, Charlie is away with his Dad for a week and Maddie has been at parties the last two nights so we have treated ourselves! We watched Into The Storm yesterday, he enjoyed it as he's always been interested in tornadoes but the film was pretty awful in my opinion!

All I remember about watching films with my parents is the toe-curling embarrassment when from out of nowhere sex started! :blush:   I'm sure it wasn't every film but it sure did seem like it. I best add I mean the actors, not my parents :icon_eek:   

All I remember about watching films with my parents is the toe-curling embarrassment when from out of nowhere sex started! :blush:   I'm sure it wasn't every film but it sure did seem like it. I best add I mean the actors, not my parents :icon_eek:   

Haha that last bit was so funny. That thought hadn't occurred to me till you said it

Thanks Sari, we don't get too much time to do it but I love it when we do, Charlie is away with his Dad for a week and Maddie has been at parties the last two nights so we have treated ourselves! We watched Into The Storm yesterday, he enjoyed it as he's always been interested in tornadoes but the film was pretty awful in my opinion!

Aww, that's all the more special because it was just the two of you! I'm sure he also thought it, at least subconsciously :yes:

:lol: That last bit made me LOL! But yeah, I know what you're talking about. Cringe!! I remember Blue Velvet in particular. I was like, noo, noooo, please make it stop... I put a blanket over my face and told my parents to say when it was over  :hide:

Edit: I have no idea why I was watching Blue Velvet with my parents as a kid :shrug: I was never told not to watch something or not to read something. I was never monitored in that way, and while I know this might not be a popular opinion, that's how I preferred it and that's still how I prefer it, thinking back. 

I'm going slightly off topic... I was wondering what my last movie was but I can't actually remember :o

Edited by frankie

Went to see Some Like It Hot yesterday - pretty much a full house in the cinema, and it was great to watch it on a big screen!  Still very funny and good to enjoy it with like minded people … we all loved it so much, everyone applauded at the end!

Prometheus.  It made a lot more sense this time,  on the second viewing. 

Let's face it, it couldn't make less sense . . .

*I wonder what will happen if I keep poking this alien life form in a really annoying way?  Like this, and this, and th- Oh for the love of God! My precious arm!*

Interstellar.  Was epic in scope and all that but it failed to grab me. Was only OK.  Oh, Naughty, naughty Matt Damon!   :o  

I see absolutely NO money was spent on the robot budget or on Anne Hathaway's hairdresser.  :blush2:

Let's face it, it couldn't make less sense . . .

*I wonder what will happen if I keep poking this alien life form in a really annoying way?  Like this, and this, and th- Oh for the love of God! My precious arm!*

That tickled my chuckle bone  :giggle2:

Interstellar.  Was epic in scope and all that but it failed to grab me. Was only OK.  Oh, Naughty, naughty Matt Damon!   :o  

I see absolutely NO money was spent on the robot budget or on Anne Hathaway's hairdresser.  :blush2:

Aw, I thought it was brilliant! The robots were based on 2001's monolith, so maybe that's why they were disappointing (I thought they looked pretty clunky, myself, but I appreciate them more knowing the 2001 link).

I watched The Day the Earth Caught Fire again last night, seemed apt . . .

Apt? Why? Were two nuclear bombs detonated in the US and Russia at the same time and I didn't hear about it?  :hide:

(Yeah, yeah, I know you lot *think* it's hot over there at the moment :P)

Weird is Wes Anderson's middle name, Noll, but that's why I love his films! :lol:  I liked The Royal Tenenbaums a lot but not as much as some of his other films.  I highly recommend trying more!

Last weekend I watched The 100 Foot Journey and it was pretty good.  Made me want to visit France even more!