The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

The boy and I went to see The Avengers, The Rise of Ultron! It was enjoyable. We did it in 3D which was a treat. Its been years since my son and I sat in the same movie theater side by side and watched a movie. We thought it was quit enjoyable. I wasn't aware of so many familiar faces. The biggest surprise was the Olsen sister. Up til a month ago I didn't know they had a younger sister who was in film. She could almost pass a triplet if they all stood side by side.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We rewatched The Lorax a few days ago, it was nice :). Stupidly enough, we made the same mistake as last time :doh:, we have a version with a Blu-ray and DVD disc, and the Blu-ray disc isn't working properly (straight out of the packet), but we forgot what happened last time, so we started to watch it and had to switch discs half way through which is the same thing we did the first time we watched it :P.

It was a nice film though, I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Athena

Independence Day. My boyfriend has seen this lots of times, but I hadn't. I enjoyed it for the most part, it was pretty good :). I only wish it had had more female characters and the majority of the more important characters were male. But other than that I thought it was pretty good!

Two awesome movies, Steve! Except for the giant spider in the latter.  :hide:

Yeah, we've been talking about that over in my thread :hide:   I found it scarier this time around than I did when I first saw the film years ago :lol:

^ Well, it was made 20 years ago, when all women did was cook and change nappies . . .

*runs away quickly*

I don't know about in the US or in the UK, but in the Netherlands, there were plenty of women who worked, even in the 1990s :shrug: (at least, in my town). Maybe it was different in the US, though, I don't know about that.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956).  Marvellous :smile:

Just added to my watch list.

North by Northwest 50th Anniversary Edition blu-ray :wub:

I've seen it several times, always love seeing James Mason's bad guy.

The Incredible Shrinking Man :hide: 

Also now on my watch list to see again. Haven't seen it in a loooooong time.

Independence Day. My boyfriend has seen this lots of times, but I hadn't. I enjoyed it for the most part, it was pretty good :). I only wish it had had more female characters and the majority of the more important characters were male. But other than that I thought it was pretty good!

I liked it too.

Gone Girl. Enjoyed it but didn't think it was as good as everyone was making out.

You might be right, but I liked it anyway. It was pretty true to the book as I recall.

We just watched Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil. I'd read the book, and thought it was a bit tedious. The film is better. Tighter, better presented.

Also watched Chinatown......a very young Jack Nicholson. Excellent!

I don't know about in the US or in the UK, but in the Netherlands, there were plenty of women who worked, even in the 1990s :shrug: (at least, in my town). Maybe it was different in the US, though, I don't know about that.

Raven knows that. ;) He was just trying to cause trouble. As usual.

American Hustle.  Strangely uninvolving film.  Was expecting more from it, tbh :shrug:

Just added to my watch list.

Have you seen it (Invasion of the Body Snatchers) before? :smile:

Have you seen it (Invasion of the Body Snatchers) before? :smile:

Yes, but sometime in the early(ish) '60's.  There was a drive in theatre near our house when I was a kid, and we used to go and see the double features there.  Man, oh man......some of the schlock that was put up on those screens!  :D

The kids made me watch Pitch Perfect. It was a fairly typical formula teen film, there were far too many close ups of the lead character looking moody or having emotional moments or whatever..in spite of that I admit I enjoyed it a bit. Also on another level I felt that there was a strange subtext going on with both the group dynamic and a few of the individual characters, which this morning made me google on the internet to find out what "alternative" type viewpoints on the film there were out there, including an interview with the director. 

I re-watched Pitch Perfect a couple of days ago too, James. :) I'm interested in seeing PP2, but not enough to go to the movies.

I also watched Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, which were shown on TV one after the other. I never get tired of watching these two movies. :D I rather think Whoopi Goldberg is underrated as a serious actor. I thought she was fabulous in Girl, Interrupted, and I wish she would appear in more serious roles.

I loved Pitch Perfect and have watched it, or parts of it several times, Pitch Perfect 2 wasn't as good sadly but the final scene swung it for me a bit.

Yesterday I took my 10 year old to see Avengers - Age of Ultron, we both thoroughly enjoyed it and it's much better for him now he can understand the humour and not just enjoy the action. :)

I loved Pitch Perfect and have watched it, or parts of it several times, Pitch Perfect 2 wasn't as good sadly but the final scene swung it for me a bit.

I'm going to the pictures with my friend this week (first time we've been for about a year :o), and Pitch Perfect 2 fits in with the time we're going, but she hasn't seen the first one, so isn't sure about it. I think she'll be okay, but we've just worked out we can get there a bit earlier, so we might be able to see Man Up instead, which I'd prefer.

I'm going to the pictures with my friend this week (first time we've been for about a year :o), and Pitch Perfect 2 fits in with the time we're going, but she hasn't seen the first one, so isn't sure about it. I think she'll be okay, but we've just worked out we can get there a bit earlier, so we might be able to see Man Up instead, which I'd prefer.

I want to see Man Up too, and you would ideally watch PP1 before watching PP2 anyway.

I also watched Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, which were shown on TV one after the other. I never get tired of watching these two movies. :D I rather think Whoopi Goldberg is underrated as a serious actor. I thought she was fabulous in Girl, Interrupted, and I wish she would appear in more serious roles.

These are really good films :)!

I've (re)watched the first half of Dune a few days ago, but then I got tired. I hope to watch the second half in one of the next few days. We also have the TV series, and both have their good and worse points.