The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

^ I'd suggest you give The West Wing another go. 

The first episode was written as a pilot for a series that was going to be centred on Rob Lowe's character, but then Martin Sheen stole show and they moved the focus onto his character and it became more of an ensemble piece. It really is worth the effort.

I think I've seen all the box sets are on demand on Sky, so maybe I'll give them another go at some point … you're not the only one who keeps telling me to watch them! :D

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we re-watched Love Actually. I hadn't seen it in many years. My boyfriend used to have it on DVD (this was when we watched it the first time), then a family member borrowed it and they lost it somehow, so he didn't have the DVD for ages. During his recent trip to the UK, my boyfriend managed to find a copy in a shop so he bought it for me so we could see the film again :). I really liked seeing it again! Also, it made me think of Christmas :P. I quite liked a lot of the actors (both male and female) in it and it was great to see the film again :).

Yesterday we re-watched Love Actually. I hadn't seen it in many years. My boyfriend used to have it on DVD (this was when we watched it the first time), then a family member borrowed it and they lost it somehow, so he didn't have the DVD for ages. During his recent trip to the UK, my boyfriend managed to find a copy in a shop so he bought it for me so we could see the film again :). I really liked seeing it again! Also, it made me think of Christmas :P. I quite liked a lot of the actors (both male and female) in it and it was great to see the film again :).

It feels like it's always on the telly over here ... I've just searched the EPG and it's actually on right now! :lol:  It's a great film … out of the three Richard Curtis/Hugh Grant films, I'd probably pick Four Wedding and a Funeral and Notting Hill over it, but I still absolutely love it and probably watch it (or at least some of it) three or four times a year. :)

I watched the majority of In Her Shoes last night.  I've seen it before, but I came across it about 15 mins after it started last night, and ended up watching it to the end.  I still prefer the book ... but then isn't that the case with film adaptations most of the time, as we've discussed here many times … but I like it as a film, and I love Toni Collette's performance. :)

It feels like it's always on the telly over here ... I've just searched the EPG and it's actually on right now! :lol:  It's a great film … out of the three Richard Curtis/Hugh Grant films, I'd probably pick Four Wedding and a Funeral and Notting Hill over it, but I still absolutely love it and probably watch it (or at least some of it) three or four times a year. :)

Haha, that's a coincidence! I love Notting Hill too, that is such a great film. I haven't seen Four Weddings and a Funeral

I watched the majority of In Her Shoes last night.  I've seen it before, but I came across it about 15 mins after it started last night, and ended up watching it to the end.  I still prefer the book ... but then isn't that the case with film adaptations most of the time, as we've discussed here many times … but I like it as a film, and I love Toni Collette's performance. :)

I really like the film too :). I own the book but haven't read it, I'm glad to hear you liked it so much.

Haha, that's a coincidence! I love Notting Hill too, that is such a great film. I haven't seen Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Four Weddings and a Funeral is the best one! You have to watch it ... so funny and and full of heart too, and I'm sure you'd love it.

Haha, that's a coincidence! I love Notting Hill too, that is such a great film. I haven't seen Four Weddings and a Funeral

Four Weddings and a Funeral is the best one! You have to watch it ... so funny and and full of heart too, and I'm sure you'd love it.

Though Julia Roberts can act rings around Andie MacDowell, who is truly dreadful in Four Weddings.

Though Julia Roberts can act rings around Andie MacDowell, who is truly dreadful in Four Weddings.

That's true, but Four Weddings has some much funnier moments … the old man who Charlie meets at the first wedding, Tom's best man speech, almost every scene with Gareth, the list goes on :D

I don't see why anybody would want to be with Andie MacDowell's character in Four Weddings! She is a terrible person!

I've been to the cinema twice in two days which is unheard of!  I saw Insurgent with my daughter on Wednesday, I wasn't keen on the book and thought the film was better, though I am liking Tris less and less and the films go on.  Then last night I saw Still Alice with a friend, it was wonderful, very subtle and emotive, I didn't find it too emotional but I can imagine it could hit closer to home if you have experience of Alzeimers.. I have a friend in the very early stages of it and it has given me somewhat of an idea as to what the future may hold..

I've been to the cinema twice in two days which is unheard of!  I saw Insurgent with my daughter on Wednesday, I wasn't keen on the book and thought the film was better, though I am liking Tris less and less and the films go on.  Then last night I saw Still Alice with a friend, it was wonderful, very subtle and emotive, I didn't find it too emotional but I can imagine it could hit closer to home if you have experience of Alzeimers.. I have a friend in the very early stages of it and it has given me somewhat of an idea as to what the future may hold..

I felt that way about Tris in the books, Chaliepud, so haven't made up my mind if I'll see Insurgent or not. Although if I'm speaking truthfully, I'd pay matinee prices to watch Theo James for 2 hours, so who am I kidding? :lol:

We watched The Heat again the other night.  I never stop laughing at that movie, and I haven't tired of it yet.  We received The Judge in the mail today from Netflix so I'm looking forward to seeing that this weekend.  I love Robert Duvall.

..... I saw Still Alice with a friend, it was wonderful, very subtle and emotive, I didn't find it too emotional but I can imagine it could hit closer to home if you have experience of Alzeimers.. I have a friend in the very early stages of it and it has given me somewhat of an idea as to what the future may hold..

That is exactly the effect it had on me with the book and film. I'm glad you enjoyed it..hope you manage to read the book too.

Indeed! And he has bulked up more for this one..

Sadly he kept his shirt on for almost all the movie.

:(

:lol: :lol: Write him a letter and tell him to only pick movies where he gets to go topless.

I've been watching High Fidelity this week. It's not been grabbing me, so instead of watching it in one go, I've been watching 20-30 minutes clips when eating lunch or dinner :rolleyes:

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Book Thief and Paddington with my mum and dad. Bit disastrous really and a warning to me not to attempt to watch films with them again  :D Unless it's The Sound of Music or something on the TV.

Wish I had seen Easter Parade .. I expect they do too  :blush2: