The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We watched V for Vendetta, myself and eldest son (16) thought it was excellent, daughter (14) was totally disinterested and youngest son (10) enjoyed the action parts of the film but wasn't so keen on the talking, I think it went a little over his head to be honest. All in all a success so thanks for the recommendation. :)

I watched Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri. I think it's a quintessential gothic film that deserves more recognition.

Edit: I no longer think it's a quintessential gothic film, because certain elements in it aren't gothic. But I think it's good nonetheless.

Edited by woolf woolf

I watched L'eclisse, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni. I know people like this film's characters and to me they're often exhausting and overwhelming, so I had to battle through what it seemed a distorted window to my memories. I wonder what the director had in mind, but I think the main character felt tired as well.

Star Wars - despecialized version - Star Wars the way it was mean to be: the original theatrical version, lovingly restored by fans, in HD with DTS-HD Master audio and all of Lucas's tinkering removed.  Even if they do eventually release the original versions on blu-ray it probably won't be better than this.  Shall be watching The Empire Strikes Back despecialized version later today :exc::D

I watched The Magnificent Ambersons, directed by Orson Welles. I don't know if it's because I knew beforehand that it was hugely edited against the director's will, but the film seemed unfinished, incoherent and stitched together. In minutes characters changed dramatically, and the heavy expositions didn't appear to scope everything that had happened or could happen.

Edit: I also watched A Man and a Woman, directed by Claude Lelouch. I liked it.

Edited by woolf woolf

Star Wars - despecialized version - Star Wars the way it was mean to be: the original theatrical version, lovingly restored by fans, in HD with DTS-HD Master audio and all of Lucas's tinkering removed.  Even if they do eventually release the original versions on blu-ray it probably won't be better than this.  Shall be watching The Empire Strikes Back despecialized version later today :exc::D

YouTube?