The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw A Muppets Christmas Carol, directed by Brian Henson. It was good, I enjoyed it, I might watch it again in the future.

Great film :D.

A few days ago we watched Frozen. I liked it, it was good. I didn't think it was brilliant though, like all the Frozen merchandise in shops might make you believe (things like lunchboxes, mugs, etc). It was a nice film though, I did like it. I guess it's just, my brother had hyped it up by saying he really liked it and in that sense I was a little bit disappointed because usually musicals aren't totally my thing.

A few days ago we watched Frozen. I liked it, it was good. I didn't think it was brilliant though, like all the Frozen merchandise in shops might make you believe (things like lunchboxes, mugs, etc). It was a nice film though, I did like it. I guess it's just, my brother had hyped it up by saying he really liked it and in that sense I was a little bit disappointed because usually musicals aren't totally my thing.

Olaf is the best. I absolutely adore him. I don't think it's an amazing film, I think it's one of the first Disney films in years that reaches a decent standard.

I thought musicals weren't my thing either, but I really like Singin' in the Rain, Moulin Rouge, and all the Disney movies.  I also did Into the Woods and Hello Dolly (the musicals) in high school.  I'm glad you didn't mind it so much, although, I agree, the hype is ridiculous.

Oh, Oh, Oh, I saw Mockingjay Part 2!!  :jump: 

Olaf is the best. I absolutely adore him. I don't think it's an amazing film, I think it's one of the first Disney films in years that reaches a decent standard.

I loved Olaf!

I thought musicals weren't my thing either, but I really like Singin' in the Rain, Moulin Rouge, and all the Disney movies.  I also did Into the Woods and Hello Dolly (the musicals) in high school.  I'm glad you didn't mind it so much, although, I agree, the hype is ridiculous.

Oh, Oh, Oh, I saw Mockingjay Part 2!!  :jump: 

I'm glad you enjoyed it :D!

Tremendous from beginning to end. It necessarily skips certain phases of the book, eg the fairground appearance, in disguise, of Troy, the nine months or more of misery for Bathsheba before the last events of the book, but yes, generally faithful in every way to a great great book.

I am having to catch up with films and watched over the weekend The Quartet and The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, found both films to be funny in parts.

I love Maggie Smith she is so funny and witty.

We had our annual viewing of Love Actually the other night.  I can't believe I didn't like it much the first time I watched it … it grows on me more each time I watch it now.  Funnily enough, Emma Freud (Richard Curtis' partner) wrote an article about her and Richard and two of their two children going to a midnight showing of the film in New York and the experience of watching it again.  Worth reading if you're a fan of the film … http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatlife/12049406/Emma-Freud-The-night-the-Curtis-family-watched-Love-Actually-in-New-York.html (she actually live tweeted it, then turned it into an article afterwards :D)

My two beautiful nieces are over from Australia for Christmas (their Mum & brother arrive next Monday). We had a mini film-fest yesterday with Inside Out (cute, and not at all what I had expected) and Guardians Of The Galaxy. 

I will state here and now that I officially adore the additional bonus song on the  Inside Out DVD, 'The Lava Song' :D