The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently we watched Turbo, which was okay, not brilliant but nice to have seen it, and we re-watched Despicable Me, which was really good.

I agree, we really didn't like Turbo too much either.

I watched Tinker Bell and the Pirate Princess :smile: 

Watched It Follows on Tuesday night. Loved the premise, loved the cinematography, but it all felt a bit pointless. Felt like it had been made with some very specific symbolism in mind and that got a bit lost in translation.

I saw Kingsman.  it was hilarious in a few places (Colin Firth going berzerk in the church) but I didn't like that everything was always resolved by violence, and the general message that chaviness was clever and cool.

Also saw Appaloosa which was a thoughtful western.

We rewatched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was great to see it again. Originally, my boyfriend was going to watch the film on his own, but I could hardly tear my eyes of the screen, and that's saying something.

We rewatched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was great to see it again. Originally, my boyfriend was going to watch the film on his own, but I could hardly tear my eyes of the screen, and that's saying something.

^ I nearly watched that last night.  Instead I watched Superman Returns, which wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. 

I think Henry Cavill makes a better Superman than Brandon Routh, however.

Edited by Raven

I watched Raise the Red Lantern, directed by Zhang Yimou. It's about a girl who accepts marrying a wealthy man, but is unable to cope with the stresses raised by the traditions in the ancient household. There are four wives who compete everyday for their husband's affections and the luxuries that follow. It's a good film.

I watched Raise the Red Lantern, directed by Zhang Yimou. It's about a girl who accepts marrying a wealthy man, but is unable to cope with the stresses raised by the traditions in the ancient household. There are four wives who compete everyday for their husband's affections and the luxuries that follow. It's a good film.

Have you seen Farewell My Concubine?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

James Franco can't act, can he? He was wooden in the Spider-man films and he's pretty wooden in this as well. 

Otherwise pretty good. 

(except I don't like seeing a nasty David Hewlett, all I end up thinking is "why is McKay being so mean?").

My partner and I recently went and saw "The Last Witchslayer". I personally loved it, I thought that Vin Diesel was great in it. My partner disagreed with me though, he thought Vin Diesel was very wooden.

A very different story line though, was a nice change.

Shelfy