The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

These are really good films :)!

Indeed! Afterwards I found out that they're planning to make a third Sister Act movie. Not sure how I feel about that. For starters, if Whoopi isn't in it (there's no word yet) then it's not worth bothering with.

I watched Jurassic Park last night. I never get sick of it. :) I might be going to see Jurassic World this weekend. Can't wait!!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Max Fury Road. Meh. I love Tom Hardy, and he's an excellent choice for the role of Max, but there's next to no plot and the whole film is basically an extended car chase. I'm all for the occasional "remove brain and enjoy" movie, and there were some decent set pieces, but there was nothing to really keep me engaged. Shame, because I've been looking forward to it - the trailer is way better than the film. :(

I rather think Whoopi Goldberg is underrated as a serious actor. I thought she was fabulous in Girl, Interrupted, and I wish she would appear in more serious roles.

Late to the party on this but did you see Boys on the Side? 

No, I haven't. I'll go look it up, thanks!

ETA: Ooh, it looks great! Can't believe I've never heard of it. I love WG, Mary-Louise Parker and Drew Barrymore. And Mat McC's not usually too bad either. ;) I've added it to my 'to watch' list, thanks!

Indeed! Afterwards I found out that they're planning to make a third Sister Act movie. Not sure how I feel about that. For starters, if Whoopi isn't in it (there's no word yet) then it's not worth bothering with.

I watched Jurassic Park last night. I never get sick of it. :) I might be going to see Jurassic World this weekend. Can't wait!!

I'm contemplating seeing Jurassic World so will be interested to see what you make of it Kylie if you do go. I loved the first one but didn't much like the sequels. This is said to be good though and 3D dinosaurs!! :o !!  :hide: not sure I can resist that.

I don't often go to the movies (last time was Paddington or the last Hobbit installment) so would like to know beforehand if it's a turkey or not :D 

I can still remember seeing the first one at the cinema and practically holding my breath all the way through out of sheer fear .. delicious it was though  :D 

I can still remember seeing the first one at the cinema and practically holding my breath all the way through out of sheer fear .. delicious it was though  :D 

I remember snatching my legs up off the cinema floor when the velociraptor jumped up at the girls legs (when they were trying to escape at the end)  :blush2:  :giggle2:

No, I haven't. I'll go look it up, thanks!

ETA: Ooh, it looks great! Can't believe I've never heard of it. I love WG, Mary-Louise Parker and Drew Barrymore. And Mat McC's not usually too bad either. ;) I've added it to my 'to watch' list, thanks!

:jump: Prepare to love it!

Went to see Spy this morning - utter tosh … I loved it!  One of those ridiculously unrealistic comic action films … I had to look away at a couple of the violent bits, but apart from that, it was fab.  Had the whole cinema to myself too. :lol:

Went to see Spy this morning - utter tosh … I loved it!  One of those ridiculously unrealistic comic action films … I had to look away at a couple of the violent bits, but apart from that, it was fab.  Had the whole cinema to myself too. :lol:

I saw Spy today too Claire! My ex wife and two of the children took me as a treat for Father's Day. It was very funny but way too much unnecessary bad language- almost every sentence from some characters.

I finally got in the mood to watch Princess Mononoke, by Hayao Miyazaki, in one setting.This film is quite known, many probably don't need an introduction. The story is set in medieval Japan, and it starts with the prince from a hidden village getting infected with a dark disease when defending his people against a bewildered sick boar. The elders tell him he'll die,but that shouldn't detain him from adventuring far outside his home to find out where the beast and the disease came from. He eventually finds a progressive industrial village composed by outcasts, but their use of resources from an ancient forest is angering and wounding the beasts and spirits inhabiting within.

I really liked it.It's an epic adventure reminiscent of Kurosawa, with the magic fantasy elements, environmental morality and strong characters Ghibli used us to.

I love Princess Mononoke! I'm glad you really liked it, Sousa :).

We re-watched You've Got Mail. I watched it without sound (my boyfriend wore headphones), as I was too tired to process much sound (I read the subtitles). It's such a great film, and of course I love the theme of books in it.

I watched Warm Bodies yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. A real quirky funny and visually effective treat.

I have the book, but I haven't read it yet. Great to hear the film was good :).

I watched Warm Bodies yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed it. A real quirky funny and visually effective treat. 

I really enjoyed it too. :) I must be due for a re-watch...

Warm Bodies is a great film, not too cliche and quite funny in parts. The book is well worth reading, but don't expect it to be a fluffy romantic comedy - it was written by an author who was struggling with his sense of self and at the time - its very much about philosophical zombies and rediscovering what it means to be human. Highly recommend it.