The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

I re-watched The Junglebook, which I hadn't seen since I was a child or maybe a young teenager. It was great to see it again. The DVD had both English and Dutch audio, so for the first time I saw the film with English audio, which was very nice.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome movie, hey, Frankie? :)

I watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince when it was on TV the other day. Oddly enough it was on TV just a few weeks ago, and I watched it then too. I'm kind of ready to watch a different HP movie next. :)

Awesome movie, hey, Frankie? :)

It is! And Robin is great in it. I like it when he's serious. 

And I always watch the movie even though I always think it's creepy, freaky and I get anxious when watching it. But I'm drawn to it! :rolleyes::D 

^ Do two Half-Blood Princes make one Full Blood King?

In our world, maybe, but I'm pretty sure full-blood wizards (those from Slytherin, anyway) would say that two half-bloods cannot ever make one full-blood. :)

It is! And Robin is great in it. I like it when he's serious. 

And I always watch the movie even though I always think it's creepy, freaky and I get anxious when watching it. But I'm drawn to it! :rolleyes::D

I liked that film too. Been so long since I've seen it though.

Yesterday I watched the film of Jonas Jonasson's book of a 100 year old man, De 100-Jarige Man Die Uit Het Raam Klom En Verdween in Dutch, or The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of The Window and Disappeared. It's a Swedish film, with Dutch subtitles. I haven't yet read the book. I wouldn't have watched the film before reading the book, but the film was on TV on a Dutch film channel, and my parents' recording thingy is a bit broken so we didn't want to risk it not recording it properly, so my mum and I watched it instead (my mum has read the book). I quite liked the film, and look forward to read the book as I think I will like that too. I own the book and hope to get around to reading it somewhere this year. I'm a bit torn between starting it maybe next month while I still remember a lot of the film, or whether to wait a bit longer until I remember a bit less of the film, so the story is maybe more interesting.

I watched The Maze Runner last night. It was an OK movie, and so much better than the book. The characters were mostly likeable and didn't keep getting angry at each other for no reason. The Grievers weren't quite as bad as I was expecting either.

I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 tonight. I don't think I've seen the movie or read the book since they were initially released, so I had forgotten some parts of the plot.

I watched The Maze Runner last night. It was an OK movie, and so much better than the book. The characters were mostly likeable and didn't keep getting angry at each other for no reason. The Grievers weren't quite as bad as I was expecting either.

Ya I really like the movie too (I saw it when it came out as Maze Runner had been on my TBR for awhile and I decided to take the plunge and see the movie before reading the book).  I wasn't all that impressed with the movie, but once I read the book, I really liked it.  I was surprised how much they had changed the movie for the adaptation.  

Like the Grievers hardly have a role in the movie, it is all about The Maze. The way the escape is also totally different, ie, no hole in the ground to a vastness, instead the door with the portal.

It was practically a different movie, if you think about it.  But I was constantly comparing the movie and the book while reading.  Anyway, rambly lol glad you liked it!

I saw Frida with Selma Hayek for the 3rd time. I love that movie.  Then I watched Saturday Night Live 2010's last night.

Did I mention in here that I watched Death Of A Superhero? Irish/German film based off a book apparently by a German author with a totally Irish name (Anthony McCarten, I think.)

It starred Andy Serkis as a shrink for Thomas Brodie-Sangster's terminally ill 16 year old. Little bit odd at times, but a very good film and the cinematography was stunning (it's wonderful to see Irish landscapes through the lens of high production values - this is a beautiful country but usually only seen in lower budget films).

I really want to read the book but can't find an English e-copy anywhere, so I think I'm gonna have to buy a hardcopy when I get a bit more money.

Titanic

It's been a few years since I last watched this and I think it will be quite a few years before I watch it again.

I've had a long-time interest in all things Titanic (I've got quite a few books on the subject and I also have a number of films) so when I saw this on Blu-Ray for £2.50 a couple of years back I picked it up, but have only now got around to watching it.  The film has some dreadful, toe-curling moments, especially some of the Jack/Rose dialogue, but once the iceberg appears it picks up a gear and becomes a half-decent action film.  I like the look of the film, which holds up very well on Blu-ray for a film that is approaching it's 20th Birthday, and the detail in the sets is fantastic, but Cameron has played a bit fast and loose with the historical side of things and I think a few of his choices are questionable. 

That said, one of the things the film does well is to convey the horror of the sinking and it is probably as close as anyone today will come to knowing what it was like to be there.  

The deleted scenes are also interesting, but I'm glad they were left out as they would have made the film 4 hours long! 

I haven't seen Titanic in many years, though I did buy it on Blu-ray for really cheap a while ago but I haven't yet re-watched it. I watched it with a friend many years ago, it was her favourite film and while I liked it I didn't think it was as brilliant as she made it out to be. I'd like to see it again some time (well, that's why I bought it). My Blu-ray also has some special features, maybe it has those deleted scenes too.

My favourite chick flick, and I think the greatest one ever made: When Harry Met Sally. So wonderful.  :wub:

I recorded this film on VHS off the TV many years ago, and a few years ago I finally watched it and found it to be a bit disappointing (totally not worth the hype that built up over ~5-10 years :P). I'm glad you liked it though :).

The Book Thief .. just watched the DVD .. though I did see it when it was released. Cried again  :blush2: 

It's a great film!

^ You're right, you're right. I know you're right. ;)

My favourite romantic quote of any movie ever is:

'When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.'  :wub: 

I recorded this film on VHS off the TV many years ago, and a few years ago I finally watched it and found it to be a bit disappointing (totally not worth the hype that built up over ~5-10 years :P). I'm glad you liked it though :).

Aw, that's sad. :( I think it's really clever and funny, and so sweet.

Raise the Titanic

Low-level, early 80's cold war thriller.  The only thing that is remarkable about it is that they raise the Titanic (which in itself, with current knowledge, is a bit laughable now).  It's a story that could have made a pretty good film, but as it stands it is pretty flat and lifeless.  Good performances from Richard Jordan and Alec Guinness though.

A Night to Remember

Still the best Titanic movie, despite being over 50 years old.