The Last Film You Saw - 2015

Athena

Tell us about the films you've seen recently.

Yesterday we watched Guardians of the Galaxy. It was different than I was expecting, for some reason I thought the story would mainly take place on Earth which it didn't, but overall I quite enjoyed it. There were quite a few humourous moments in it and I thought the characters were quite interesting. The visual effects were good too and I like the addition of the 1980's pop music.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deathly Hallows Part 1! An Irish television station was showing one Potter film per day starting late last week, so I convinced my parents and brother to give them a go. It got up to Order Of The Phoenix before I left (which they were all thoroughly impressed by), and I've continued watching since then. One more film to go!

So, the film to watch so far this year is obviously Guardians of the Galaxy!

I re-watched Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness over New Years Eve and New Years Day.  I still think the second film is flawed, but I do like the new cast.  Roll on three.

I saw The Godfather! I have always avoided watching any of those Italian/American gangster movies. But I turned on the TV and it was on and I quite enjoyed it. I didn't even recognise Al Pacino till half way into the film, he looked so young.

I saw The Godfather! I have always avoided watching any of those Italian/American gangster movies. But I turned on the TV and it was on and I quite enjoyed it. I didn't even recognise Al Pacino till half way into the film, he looked so young.

The book is so much better. I read the book when I was like 14 and LOVED it. Absolutely loved it, and because the movie is like one of THE revered classics, I got so excited about seeing it, and it paled in comparison with the book. I'd never watch it again.

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies .. and I HATED it!!!! :( They've got worse and worse and it's culminated in this!! Story unrecognisable (not surprising really because the actual story was all but dealt with in the last film) so plenty of scope for PJ to write his own story/plot/dialogue etc etc .. all of it awful. The stuff involving Legolas was just unspeakably bad and where was the hobbit?? The Tolkien family must be livid. Sad, sad, sad, that a great franchise like this should come to such a pitiable end. The LOTR films were .. for the most part .. brilliant (though the last of those was the worst .. imo) but these have gone from good to dire. 

The last time I felt this bored in a cinema was when seeing King Kong .... hmmm ... a pattern is emerging :D Total indulgence on Peter Jackson's part .. this story could have been brilliantly told if not stretched over three films. I'm trying not to think that the decision to stretch it that far was a financial one .. trying but failing!

Rant over .. for now  :blush2: 

Edited by poppyshake

The book is so much better. I read the book when I was like 14 and LOVED it. Absolutely loved it, and because the movie is like one of THE revered classics, I got so excited about seeing it, and it paled in comparison with the book. I'd never watch it again.

Is it based on any true characters? Even a little bit?

The Grand Budapest Hotel. More Wes Anderson brilliance, not my favourite but definitely in the top 3!

Seen this 3 times now. So quirky. Yet I could not even sit all the way through that Darjeeling Railway thing he did. So boring.

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies .. and I HATED it!!!! :( 

:(  I couldn't be arsed to go and see it.  Can't say I'm sorry! 

I watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier again.

:(  I couldn't be arsed to go and see it.  Can't say I'm sorry! 

You've missed nothing. Catch it on DVD at some point .. at least then you're free to pause/stop it. I expect we'll get it on DVD as if we don't it'll be the only one we don't have. So annoying but then my head might explode if I don't complete the series :blush2: