Your Book Activity - January 2015

Kylie

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've finished Chrissie Manby - Proper Family 1: A Proper Family Holiday and started Brandon Sanderson - Alcatraz 3: Alcatraz versus the Knights of Crystallia which is quite enjoyable so far. I'm just over half way through already, so I should have it finished not too long from now if I do some more reading.

I bought two new books today, one off my immediate wishlist (I already have the Kindle version, and it's a large print copy, but it's also a hardback that only cost €1.49 so meh. Yay tree books! The other is off my long term wishlist, probably won't read it any time soon but only €3 so again meh, and yay tree books!

post-4797-0-13048400-1422451302_thumb.jpg

I finished Third Year at Malory Towers this evening. Think I'm just going to carry on and finish all six books in the series, and get it out of my system!!! :D

:lol: Might as well!

Read 79% of The Rosie Project, and hopefully finish the rest of the book today.  :smile:

I hope you enjoy it all the way through till the very end! :smile2: 

Started Upper Fourth at Malory Towers today. :smile2:

:D I ordered a copy of that yesterday, and also a copy of the fifth novel. Quite oddly they don't have the last book in the series, but they do have one book by the Pamela Cox replacement authoress person! :o

Edit: I finished Second Term at Malory Towers last night in bed and started Third Year at Malory Towers. It's wunnerful :D 

Edited by frankie

I am so very sorry about this because I want you to like it :P

If it helps, I really am enjoying it!! It is just going really slow because I only have time to read maybe one chapter before bed. It's a really great story. 

I've also started reading another book because I like having a real book at the same time if I'm reading a kindle book, so I'm reading A Farewell to Arms right now as well. I've gotten pretty far from just picking it up when I have extra time throughout the school day  :smile:

I hope you enjoy it all the way through till the very end! :smile2:

I finished The Rosie Project last night, and I loved it !! :D I'm really looking to read the sequel now  :smile:

I finished Second Term at Malory Towers last night in bed and started Third Year at Malory Towers. It's wunnerful :D

Glad your're enjoying the MT series, I am a bit behind (only just started the 2nd book yesterday).

I've finished Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I was doing to, there was very little plot and the book was really just about the characters and how they coped with the situation they were in, luckily I like that sort of book. :)

It was my eldest's turn to select a book from the Book Box, and he pulled out..... The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, again, not one I would have chosen so the box is fulfilling its purpose! :)

I've finished Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I was doing to, there was very little plot and the book was really just about the characters and how they coped with the situation they were in, luckily I like that sort of book.

Glad you enjoyed it, chaliepud. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised like that. :smile:

I've finished Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I was doing to, there was very little plot and the book was really just about the characters and how they coped with the situation they were in, luckily I like that sort of book. :)

It was my eldest's turn to select a book from the Book Box, and he pulled out..... The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, again, not one I would have chosen so the box is fulfilling its purpose! :)

For the most part I thought that was a very good book. I never finished it, subject to my mojo going on holiday and one or two elements I didn't like, but the first half or so of the book I thought was brilliant and totally pulled me in. Hope you enjoy all of it! :)

I'm reading The Martian by Andy Weir, which I discovered on a 'Most Recommended Books of 2014' list. I can't remember where I found the list, I wasn't looking for it. Anyway, so far I am LOVING The Martian, and it's well on its way to becoming my first 5 star book of the year!

I'm reading The Martian by Andy Weir, which I discovered on a 'Most Recommended Books of 2014' list. I can't remember where I found the list, I wasn't looking for it. Anyway, so far I am LOVING The Martian, and it's well on its way to becoming my first 5 star book of the year!

I plan on getting to this soon, I am anxious to read it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the O'Farrell book after all. :)

I love that your kids are involved in helping you pick books (even if it's because they don't trust you not to cheat  :lol:). Do your kids read much? It's just struck me that book jars would perhaps be a good way to encourage young non-readers to read.

I bought this for my ex but intended to read it first. I only got a few chapters in but ended up giving him the book today. :( I think I have an ebook version, so I guess I'll continue on with that. It's being made into a movie to be released in November this year. It has quite a large cast for a movie that's about one person! ;) (I know, I know—there'll be flashbacks and stuff). It's being directed by Ridley Scott and stars Matt Damon in the main role.

I plan on getting to this soon, I am anxious to read it.

It's soooooo good! Hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

I bought this for my ex but intended to read it first. I only got a few chapters in but ended up giving him the book today. :( I think I have an ebook version, so I guess I'll continue on with that. It's being made into a movie to be released in November this year. It has quite a large cast for a movie that's about one person! ;) (I know, I know—there'll be flashbacks and stuff). It's being directed by Ridley Scott and stars Matt Damon in the main role.

Aww, that's a shame. I hope you finish it though, it does seem very good.

Also, funnily enough, I was literally just talking about the film adaptation to Michelle in my thread, and saying how it needs to be done like Moon - one man cast with minimal dialogue for the most part. Matt Damon? Waaaaay too big of an actor. They should have gone unknown with it. Big stars mean big blockbuster films, and this book is too subtle for that imo.

But that's just me :D

I finished The Rosie Project last night, and I loved it !! :D I'm really looking to read the sequel now  :smile:

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the book more than you thought you would :). I hope your next read will be enjoyable too. It's on my TBR, I've heard good things but I haven't read it yet myself. 

Still, I am excited to finish because I have made my very own book jar!

Woohoo!

I finished Liam Creed - Puppy's Hebben Ook ADHD: Hoe Ik Mezelf Herkende in het Gedrag van een Jonge Labrador (A Puppy Named Aero: How a Labrador Saved a Boy with ADHD) (review will be posted soon if the internet and such cooperate). I loved it. It was such a well written biography about a teenager with ADHD. He gets the opportunity to train a puppy to be a guide dog for the physically disabled and this turns his life around.

I started Tony Attwood, Temple Grandin and others - Meisjes en Vrouwen met Asperger (Asperger's and Girls) which so far is okay but I haven't read a lot of new information to me yet. I don't have Asperger's though HFA and AS are similar in many ways. The book was originally written in 2006, I'm reading the Dutch translation from the library (written in 2008 I believe). I'm going to give it some more pages and see if it gets more interesting or not. The book itself is only 149 pages so it won't take me that long to finish it if I do. I borrowed another book by the library on the same subject (Rudy Simone - Aspergirls: Een wegwijzer voor meisjes en vrouwen met het Syndroom van Asperger (Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome)) so I might read that one as well to see if it has more information new to me. It's difficult though, because I know a lot about the subject already :blush2:.

Good luck Marie :D 

Finished The Third Year at Malory Towers and started Peril at End House by Agatha Christie :) Should have the rest of the Malory Towers books winging their way to me soon .. look forward to completing the series.