Your Book Activity - January 2015

Kylie

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm at 91% of Wuthering Heights but I'm waaayyy too tired to finish it out tonight. I'll finish it tomorrow (later today  :o ) so my first read of 2015 will be finished on January 1st. Already setting a great pace :lol::giggle2:

I'm currently reading Charles Yu - How to Life Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, which is pretty good. I haven't done much reading yesterday. It's due at the library soon along with two others so I better get a move on. It only has 233 pages though and it reads quickly though sometimes it's mind boggling. There are quite some funny moments in it and I find myself wishing I had my own copy because I think it'd be a great book to re-read.

Having neatly finished off my last book for 2014 yesterday, I started one of my non-fiction doorstoppers today, albeit one that only just qualifies. As it's the 200th anniversary this year (in June), I'm reading Waterloo by Tim Clayton, who is rapidly turning into one of my favourite history writers.

Edited by willoyd

I bought A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond yesterday so I read it this morning.  It was every bit as good as I remembered.  :)

I read it again (for the first time in 40 or so years) just before Christmas: can only agree with you 100% 6/6 stars!

I got a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas  :rolol:  .. so my Rory Gilmore's Challenge will be easier and I can read the books in english :exc:   I finished Orwell's 1984, it was a re read but I loved it as the first time.

That's fabulous news!!! I know how difficult it is for you to get English copies of books... You're going to have so much fun this year! :D 

Happy New Year everyone!  I love the New Year!  I am in the middle of Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist.  Anxiously awaiting Brandon Sanderson's Firefight in 5 days now!  And the read a thon begins tomorrow!  I think I might want my first "real" read of 2015 to be World Without End by Ken Follett.

I'm halfway through Misery

There is an great audiobook of Misery, narrated by Lindsey Crouse that I might have to check out.  I was just listening to the sample the other day.  It sounds pretty good, but is long, and the book is short :rolleyes:

I got a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas  :rolol:  .. so my Rory Gilmore's Challenge will be easier and I can read the books in english :exc:   I finished Orwell's 1984, it was a re read but I loved it as the first time.

Congratulations!  I hope you like it!  I could not get through a re reading of 1984!  Once was enough for me!  :lol:

Happy New Year! I'm abroad at the moment so setting up my new reading log will have to wait, but I'm now powering my way through Game of Thrones - really enjoying it.

:006:   Happy New Year, Alexi!  Hope you are having a good time!

Last night I started John Banville's Ancient Light.  It's similar to his The Sea of 2005 in structure.  Great so far. 

Hope everyone has a great Reading New Year!! :readingtwo:

Oh, btw, I put a review of my last book of 2014 on my old blog thread...The Polish Boxer by Eduardo Halfon.

Edited by pontalba

Having neatly finished off my last book for 2014 yesterday, I started one of my non-fiction doorstoppers today, albeit one that only just qualifies. As it's the 200th anniversary this year (in June), I'm reading Waterloo by Tim Clayton, who is rapidly turning into one of my favourite history writers.

That sounds interesting. I would love to hear how you like it! :D

Congratulations :D!!

I finished Charles Yu - How to Life Safely in a Science Fictional Universe yesterday and will start today with some read-a-thon books.

I should be finishing Let The Right One In later this morning. It's been a great read, and I've also enjoyed the feel of reading a tree-book again. So much so, that I've already planned my next read to be another tree-book. :smile:

I've finally finished Game of Thrones - what a journey that has been :D I've immediately downloaded the second in the series but will wait a while before starting that one I think!

Now starting The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.