Bobblybear's Book List - 2015

bobblybear

A quarter through the year and I've already bought 24 books. :thud:

Oh, and I'm massively behind on reviews as well. :hide:  I just can't seem to focus lately. Between working full time and studying, I just don't seem to have much energy left. :doh:

How many books have you read so far? I counted 15 in the beginning of your thread. I guess that's only 9 more than that you have read, but of course percentage wise it is a lot more (160% of what you read). How big is your TBR in total? There are numbers in several posts, but I am too tired to add them all up inside my head to calculate the total TBR :blush2:.

I hope you can catch up with your reviews. Working full time and studying at the same time, are two things that both cost a lot of time and energy, so I can imagine you don't have much energy left :(. I hope you will feel better soon.

Edited by Athena

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Gaia. I try to relax as much as I can in my free time, but there are so many things that need doing. This should be my last year of studying, but it's still taking so much time to concentrate and keep motivated.

I've read 15 books this year, and I have 305 on my TBR pile. Oh my! :thud::giggle2:

305 books! :thud: I should really count all the unread books I own, it must be 50 or 60 at least. None of them are currently on my TBR either, they're just sort of sitting there making my room look pretty :lol: I should really make an effort to tackle some of them this year, but I've been endlessly buying new ebooks for my Kindle.

Can't imagine what it's like to get to the end of a TBR pile! :lol:

I don't think I will ever get to the end of it, certainly not if I buy more than I read. :D  Most of them are ebooks, so they don't take up space, and that's probably why I keep acquiring them. :doh::D At my current reading rate, it will take me about 5-6 years to finish them all. :readingtwo:

I think I'm going to make myself a book jar this weekend. :boogie: I've bought all the necessary bits, but I didn't get enough coloured post-its. I have 305 on my TBR pile but I only bought 200 post-its. :doh: Luckily I found some more at home, so I have more than enough. But I have to confess, it makes me a bit nervous. What if I pick a book that I really don't want to read? Obviously I wanted to read it at some point, that is why I bought it, but still....... :drama:

I can only give you my experience of when I was getting my TBR down to zero a couple of years ago - the last few books were the ones I'd bought but had been putting off for years, and some of those ended up being some of the best books I read during the whole process.  Even if you think you don't want to read it, I'd give it a go and you might be pleasantly surprised. :)  Good luck!

Thanks, Claire. I'm sure most of them will be good reads, once I get started on them. It's just that I can't remember why I bought a lot of them - if it was based on recommendation, or an impulse buy. :D

I think I'm going to make myself a book jar this weekend. :boogie: I've bought all the necessary bits, but I didn't get enough coloured post-its. I have 305 on my TBR pile but I only bought 200 post-its. :doh: Luckily I found some more at home, so I have more than enough. But I have to confess, it makes me a bit nervous. What if I pick a book that I really don't want to read? Obviously I wanted to read it at some point, that is why I bought it, but still....... :drama:

I'm enjoying my Book Box, the kids pull the titles out for me and I allow myself two chances, if I really don't fancy the first they pick a second, but then I have to choose between the two.  Don't forget to put up a photo when it's done! :)

Yay for another book jar! Good luck with the first pick. I'm finding it quite liberating. I had been putting off my current read for ages (1200 page length the main reason!) but destiny picked it and I'm loving it.

Not good for the read to acquired ratio though :giggle2: I'm on 297 TBR and refusing to get to 300....

Yay! That must have take a while.. :).

Yep, it took a fair while. I have just over 300 books on my list, so it wasn't much fun writing them out. :giggle2:

I had been putting off my current read for ages (1200 page length the main reason!) but destiny picked it and I'm loving it.

What is your current read, Alexi? I shall pop to your thread to find out in a sec.

Well, the jar picked Empire of the Sun by JG Ballard. It's a re-read, but that was over 20 years ago when I was in high school, so I'm quite happy with the choice.

Well, the jar picked Empire of the Sun by JG Ballard. It's a re-read, but that was over 20 years ago when I was in high school, so I'm quite happy with the choice.

This one is kinda sorta on the TBR 2015 list for me.  I tried Crash about a month ago but couldn't make it through the sample.  Have you read much of his work?  Empire might be a contender for my holiday in May... I also have the sample for The Drowned World.

Wow, that is one full jar!!! :o  Writing out the names of the books was the hardest thing for me, as I tend to type everything nowadays, and my hand and wrist have forgotten what it's like to hold a pen, and started to ache pretty soon in, and I only had about a fifth of the books you have to write out.  Well done, bobbly, hope the jar works well for you. :D

This one is kinda sorta on the TBR 2015 list for me.  I tried Crash about a month ago but couldn't make it through the sample.  Have you read much of his work?  Empire might be a contender for my holiday in May... I also have the sample for The Drowned World.

I can remember struggling with The Drowned World and Super-Cannes and giving up on both, but I think that was many years ago. He's an author that's pretty highly regarded, so I always keep him on my watchlist, as I want to know what the appeal is. I have The Atrocity Exhibition in my book jar so whenever the times comes, I'll be giving that a go. But if I don't get on with that one, then I may have to give up. :lol:

Wow, that is one full jar!!! :o  Writing out the names of the books was the hardest thing for me, as I tend to type everything nowadays, and my hand and wrist have forgotten what it's like to hold a pen, and started to ache pretty soon in, and I only had about a fifth of the books you have to write out.  Well done, bobbly, hope the jar works well for you. :D

Thanks, Claire. Yes, it took me a while, and my handwriting is pretty appalling anyway, but towards the end, it was dire. :lol:

Great book jar, Bobbly!

Thanks, Kylie! :D