Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks  :D ; I think it helps that I`m reading a series in order, so there`s been no time wastage in wondering what to read next.  :smile:

That is clever :)! Sometimes, after a particularly good, impressive and / or epic book, I tend to have to think about it a while and don't feel like reading a next book yet. You (in general, not you personally) don't get that as much if you read lots of books of one series. Though sometimes I find then it starts to grate after a while and I need something different in between the books.

Thanks  :D ; I think it helps that I`m reading a series in order, so there`s been no time wastage in wondering what to read next.  :smile:

Hah!  :D  You're on a roll, for sure!  I think I have one of them around here.  Haven't gotten to it yet.....it's probably buried.  /sigh/ :)

That is clever :)! Sometimes, after a particularly good, impressive and / or epic book, I tend to have to think about it a while and don't feel like reading a next book yet. You (in general, not you personally) don't get that as much if you read lots of books of one series. Though sometimes I find then it starts to grate after a while and I need something different in between the books.

It`s all rather blurring into one book now.  :giggle2:

I do sometimes break up my book reading with newspapers and magazines, so my brain has something different to focus on.  :smile:

Hah!  :D  You're on a roll, for sure!  I think I have one of them around here.  Haven't gotten to it yet.....it's probably buried.  /sigh/ :)

Hee, I`m currently reading Cinnamon roll murder.  ;)

Oh, my Marie Kondo book arrived ; I`ve picked it up to have a quick glance through the first few pages. That`s progress, right ?  :giggle:

Hee, I`m currently reading Cinnamon roll murder.  ;)

Oh, my Marie Kondo book arrived ; I`ve picked it up to have a quick glance through the first few pages. That`s progress, right ?  :giggle:

Certainly better progress than I've made.......mine is underneath about 6 other books at the moment......... :blush2:

Certainly better progress than I've made.......mine is underneath about 6 other books at the moment......... :blush2:

I was going to challenge you to read one chapter a month alongside me, but that means I`d have to actually pick up the book myself...  :hide:  

Ooh, it`s been an exciting day ; I looove the Rei Shimura mystery series ( by Sujata Massey  ) and signed up to her email list - she had a clicky to email her if you wanted a signed bookplate - I did so, a few days ago - and today in the post, I got two signed bookplates ! Hurray ! I`m so pleased.  :018:

New books : 

Death in the Stocks Behold, Here's Poison Why Shoot a Butler? - Georgette Heyer ( £1.60, £1.48, £2.29 )

Austenland  - Shannon Hale  ( £2.80 )

The Nightingale Before Christmas (Meg Langslow Mysteries)  - Donna Andrews  ( £ 5.27 )

Double Fudge Brownie Murder (Hannah Swensen)  - Joanne Fluke ( £7.94 )      Total : £21.38

Books read : 11                        TBR 775              New Books Bought : 24                       Total Cost : £ 77.70

Edited by Little Pixie

Ooh, it`s been an exciting day ; I looove the Rei Shimura mystery series ( by Sujata Massey  ) and signed up to her email list - she had a clicky to email her if you wanted a signed bookplate - I did so, a few days ago - and today in the post, I got two signed bookplates ! Hurray ! I`m so pleased.  :018:

Neato!! :D

Books read : 11                        TBR 783              New Books Bought : 32                       Total Cost : £ 82.95

New books :  8 books for £5.25   :smile: 

Blott on the Landscape - Tom Sharpe

Coming Home - Melanie Rose

Cinnamon Gardens - Shyam Selvadurai

Leaving the Saints - Martha Beck

The Blind assassin - Margaret Atwood

Hasty Death - MC Beaton

Gut Symmetries - Jeanette Winterson

The ladies of Grace Adieu - Susanna Clarke

Really pleased with the latest haul. I also got some fleecy tops from Millets (2 for  £10 ! ) which are lovely and warm, a perfume gift set ( Opium, also reduced in the sales ) and new glasses , which should be ready in a week. The Opticans ( Boots ) now do a blue light filter for your specs, which is supposed to reduce the risk of getting cataracts or AMD.  :smile:

Edited by Little Pixie

Stoopid broadband issues and migraine, grr.  :banghead:

Just going to list my latest book buying spree :

The Judge is Reversed, Voyage into Violence, Murder in a Hurry, a North Quartet ( The Long Skeleton, Murder is Suggested, Murder has its Points, Murder by the Book ) - all Mr and Mrs North mysteries - 7 books for £11.66 ( and all shipping from the US, sp especially bargainous ! ).  :smile:

/groan/  I hope your migraine eases up soon!  :empathy:

I've never read any of the Mr. and Mrs. North books, but there was a, I think TV series on.....wait...googling......yup, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._and_Mrs._North  Sure enough! Scroll down to the television section.   It was good, for it's time.  I'd love to take a look at it now.  Have to check out DVDs. 

/groan/  I hope your migraine eases up soon!  :empathy:

I've never read any of the Mr. and Mrs. North books, but there was a, I think TV series on.....wait...googling......yup, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._and_Mrs._North  Sure enough! Scroll down to the television section.   It was good, for it's time.  I'd love to take a look at it now.  Have to check out DVDs. 

Aww, thank you - it`s hopefully the tailend of it now, so I`m able to post without too much whimpering. :blush2:  

And thanks for the clicky - there are some eps up on YouTube ( can`t get a clicky up without a long wait...  :banghead: ) , I`ll take a look at those to see if they`re still good enough to get on DVD.  :D

I`m way behind with reviews, but I just read the Mr and Mrs North book which I had, and decided to get a few more of the series.  :smile:  It reminded me a little of that Thin Man book.  :D

ooh, cat needs feeding...  :smile:

Thanks ! I see you`ve been busy yourself !  :smile:

Yep! 

Stoopid broadband issues and migraine, grr.  :banghead:

Just going to list my latest book buying spree :

The Judge is Reversed, Voyage into Violence, Murder in a Hurry, a North Quartet ( The Long Skeleton, Murder is Suggested, Murder has its Points, Murder by the Book ) - all Mr and Mrs North mysteries - 7 books for £11.66 ( and all shipping from the US, sp especially bargainous ! ).  :smile:

I hope your migraine gets better soon :(.

I hope you enjoy all your new books :D! (once they have arrived)

ooh, cat needs feeding...  :smile:

Cats always need feeding :lol:

Pixie's got this thing where I'll feed her, she'll go out, come back a minute later and sit by her dish, hoping I've forgotten she'd just eaten and give her some more :lol:  She's so greedy :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Cats always need feeding :lol:

Pixie's got this thing where I'll feed her, she'll go out, come back a minute later and sit by her dish, hoping I've forgotten she'd just eaten and give her some more :lol:  She's so greedy :rolleyes:

Aww. Poor Xiao-Xiao was sick yesterday, eventually ate some crunchies and seems better today ( eating a small amount of soft food ) - she has such a delicate tum.  :smile:

Grr, I was struck down with Girl Flu a monthy ago ( curse this year`s ineffective flu jab !!  :banghead:  ) and still feel wrecked. I went out yesterday for acupuncture and a peek at a couple of charity shops, first time out in weeks.  :smile:

I got some cheer-up books : 

Call after Midnight - Tess Gerritsen   20p

The Long War - Terry Pratchett/ Stephen Baxter     £1.50     Must get Book 1 in the series now.

Wise Children - Angela Carter         75p

Elizabeth is Missing - Emma Healey        new hardback -  50p !

Daughter of the River - Hong Ying      75p

Zoo Time - Howard Jacobsen               £1.50

Thrush Green, Winter in Thrush Green, News from Thrush Green  - Miss Read       50p

I also ordered some books off Amazon Marketplace...

The Puzzled Heart, The Edge of Doom, An Imperfect Spy , The Collected Stories, Honest Doubt -  Amanda Cross

The Letters of Dorothy L Sayers 1899 - 1936

Dorothy L Sayers, Her Life and Soul - Barbara Reynolds

Deeds of the Disturber,  The Mummy case, Lion in the Valley, Curse of the Pharoahs - Elizabeth Peters       £29.65 altogether.  :smile:

Books read : 11                        TBR 811              New Books Bought : 60                       Total Cost : £ 129.96

Edited by Little Pixie

I really enjoyed the Elizabeth Peters books … I've read the first seven while they were all 84p on Kindle which the whole series was for a long time, and then I looked again, and they've all gone up to between £2.37 and £5.99 now.  Wish I'd bought the lot when they were cheap!  :doh: