Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2015

Little Pixie

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I remember the first swath of books I registered on Library Thing, lo these many years ago.....oy.  It's a chore.  But well worth it, finally.  You have a great listing there, Sarah. :cool:

**The emoticons removed from this post were not harmed in any way.

Tee hee.  :giggle:

Thanks Kate.  :D

I may have - somehow - I`m not sure how it happened, etc - have added to my TBR. Ahem.  :giggle2:

Hildegarde Withers makes the Scene - Stuart Palmer

Not a creature was stirring - Jane Haddam

The Chateau - William Maxwell

Something the Cat Dragged In / The Corpse in Oozak's Pond  - Charlotte Macleod

The Wonder Spot  - Melissa Bank

The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells - Andrew Sean Greer

Dusty Answer - Roasamond Lehmann

Black Roses (Clara Vine 1)  - Jane Thynne

The Kizuna Coast: A Rei Shimura Mystery: 11 (The Rei Shimura Mysteries)  - Sujata Massey

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever - Marie Kondo

How to Talk to Your Cat - Patricia Moyes

Death Takes a Bow - Frances and Richard Lockridge

Love’s Shadow, Tenterhooks, Love at Second Sight, - Ada Leverson

Writer`s Block - Judith Flanders

Reel Murder - Marion Babson

Books read : 0                        TBR 769              New Books Bought : 18                       Total Cost : £ 56.32

Edited by Little Pixie

Oh, gosh!  I bought the Marie Kondo book a couple of weeks ago.............ya think it'll help??  :readingtwo:  :hide:  :angel_not:  :cat:

Let`s hope so.  :giggle:

It was out of stock yesterday when I ordered it, so I`m thinking that plenty of people had the same thought; when I went through my  newspaper clutter pile at the end of 2014, I found a couple of articles I`d ripped out about her, and it still sounded good, so I went ahead and ordered. 

Have you got your mitts on the book yet ?  :smile:

Have fun with your new books :D!!

I did buy a few today myself (list will follow later) including one Gijpstra & de Gier but I only spent 6 euros so it's not too bad :).

Bargains ! Enjoy your new books too !  :D

I was especially pleased to find the Hildegarde Withers book ( it`s listed as ` acceptable` condition for around £8, but it`s been out of print for so long, I`m just happy to find a copy - plus, the Kindle version would be around £7 anyway, and I have the rest of the series as proper books... )  

Let`s hope so.  :giggle:

It was out of stock yesterday when I ordered it, so I`m thinking that plenty of people had the same thought; when I went through my  newspaper clutter pile at the end of 2014, I found a couple of articles I`d ripped out about her, and it still sounded good, so I went ahead and ordered. 

Have you got your mitts on the book yet ?  :smile:

Yup, it's sitting in the new TBR stack by the couch..... :blush2:  :giggle:

Wow, that's good going! :lol:

Happy reading in 2015. :)

Thank you * ! Just waiting for the bulk of the books to arrive now ; a couple have already been added to the dining-room TBR.  :D

* I think.  :giggle2:

Edited by Little Pixie

Happy reading, cat person!  :smile:

Is 2015 the number of books on your TBR pile(s)?  :o  :giggle2:

Thanks Steve.  :D

Don`t joke ; 2015 is entirely possible.  :giggle2:  It`s `only ` 700+ at present.  :hide:

Xiao-Xiao the cat waves a languid paw in your Pixie`s direction.  ;)

#1  Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke

The first in the Hannnah Swensen mystery series . Hannah owns a cookie shop in Lake Eden, Minnesota ( population 4,000 and decreasing with every book  ;)  ). When she stumbles across a body, she decides to investigate the murder, even though her Mother feels it`s unladylike and will put off eligible bachelors. Hannah and her sister Andrea start snooping and find that investigating a murder brings them closer together - aww.  :giggle2: There`s a lovely sense of small town life and you can feel how cold it is ( Hannah has to plug her Cookie Truck into electrical outlets beside the road to stop her truck from freezing  :blink:  ). There are some nice bits with Hannah`s cat Moishe, who has his own minor storylines in the books. It`s a fun, cosy read. 

Since I`m doing a Hannah Swensen re-read, and the books are so similar ( they`re formulaic but it`s a good formula  ;) ) , I`m just doing a review for the first one. 

#2   Strawberry Shortcake Murder

#3   Blueberry Muffin Murder

#4   Lemon Meringue Pie Murder 

#5   Fudge Cupcake Murder

#6   Sugar cookie Murder

#7   Peach Cobbler Murder 

#8   Cherry Cheesecake Murder

#9   Sugar and Spice / candy cane Murder ( novellas )

#10   Key lime Pie Murder

#11   Carrot cake murder

Edited by Little Pixie

Xiao-Xiao the cat waves a languid paw in your Pixie`s direction.  ;)

If only Pixie would be languid!  She's too busy at the moment stressing about next door's new kitten, yowling and hissing at her through the front window :rolleyes: