Andrea's books 2015

~Andrea~

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone :)

Frankie no I didn't make it up but I'm not sure where it comes from. Someone here will know no doubt :D

EDIT:

Background – amazeballs

Promotion of the expression amazeballs is mainly attributed to US TV personality and gossip-columnist Perez Hilton, who used the term on his well-known blog back in 2009. Though Hilton's use of the word met with some hostility, it later began to trend on Twitter, prompting him to post a series of 'victory' tweets regarding his successful expansion of the lexicon. According to some sources however, amazeballs did not originate with Hilton and was in fact coined by fashion blogger Elizabeth Spiridakis who, along with a couple of workmates, had some years earlier cooked up the practice of adding the suffix -balls to various adjectives as an in-joke.

(from http://www.macmillandictionary.com/buzzword/entries/amazeballs.html)

Edited by ~Andrea~

• 3 months later...

Well I only managed 10 books this year. It's not really surprising though as it's been a difficult year for me and my reading has really slipped.

I did manage to finish Dark Places though. It took me an age to read it. I really liked it and love Gillian Flynn as a writer, but it is a little dark so I wasn't always in the mood for reading it given I was sometimes in my own dark place.

I didn't manage to finish The Book Thief but I got very close so should finish it soon.

I think very few of us have a shrinking TBR Andrea so son't feel like you are on your own there. :) I am making an effort to reduce mine this year, I am planning on reading all the books I have been gifted and lent which will take a chunk away and also joining the Goodreads Mount TBR challenge where I have committed to reading 36 books off my TBR, there are over 100 on there so how hard can it be?! :D

I hope you have a better, and healthier 2016 in your new home, hopefully once this horrid spell of damp weather passes we will all feel a bit brighter.  :friends3: