Anna reads in 2015

Anna Begins

I also bought two dystopian collections, one for free called Yesterday's Gone: Season One by Sean Platt and David Wright.  It is 500 pages, but comes in 6 installments, all included in the free omnibus.  There are 4 Seasons, 6 installments each, all 6 installments are included in each Season.  I just bought the first season to try, especially because it was free and had lots of good reviews.

I bought Season One back in 2012, and I'm 99% sure I've read it, but I can't find that I've reviewed it anywhere or even put it on my 'Books Read' posts. :o I must have read it, because it's dropped off my TBR pile, and I remember buying Season Two (which is still on my TBR pile) because I was so impressed with the first one. No idea how I've overlooked that. :dunno: Clearly I have too many books.  :drama:  I've briefly read the synopsis and I think I remember it but I may be getting it confused with another dystopian series (I read a few of them around the same time). Totally baffled! :eek:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and if you review it maybe it will jog my memory. :lol:

Have a great reading year in 2015!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you have a wonderful reading year in 2015, Anna! :smile2:  :readingtwo:

You have a lot of great novels on your lists! I can't wait to see what you think of Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite. It's something else, let me tell you :D  I've enjoyed Looking for Alaska, too, and The Radleys. And Cujo is a classic. :yes: 

I like it that you have such a mixed list of books :) Enjoy! 

You have a lot of great novels on your lists! I can't wait to see what you think of Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z. Brite. It's something else, let me tell you :D  I've enjoyed Looking for Alaska, too, and The Radleys. And Cujo is a classic. :yes:

I like it that you have such a mixed list of books :) Enjoy! 

Thanks!!  Actually Exquisite Corpse is a re read but its been a looong time, have you read any of Poppy's other stuff?

Happy reading in 2015! You have a few books on the TBR that I've wanted to read for a long time: 

Requiem for a Dream

Choke

- Paper Towns

The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas

I am quite looking forward to exploring all the new John Green I have ahead of me!

Happy 2015 reading Anna! You have some great looking books on your list and no doubt I shall be adding to my wish list when following your thread.

:smile: Thanks so much Alexi!  I always end up adding to mine from yours too- I am looking forward to Sky of Red Poppies this year.

alchemist.jpg

Title: The Alchemist

Author: Paulo Coelho

Genre:  Fiction

Pages:  192

ABANDONED 1/3/15 AT 58%

Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy, has dreams of pyramids and treasure.  What does he have to do to get there?  Assistance from a dream interpreter and an old sage, using old smooth rocks as omens to guide him through Egypt, Santiago comes to an Egyptian Oasis on his way to find his personal treasure.  On the way he meets a man on his way to meet an Alchemist.

That is where I stopped. 

It was ok.  I didn't mind what I was reading, it hadn't gotten boring or anything like that, I just couldn't motivate myself to pick it up again.

Edited by Anna Begins

sand1-1.jpg

taste.jpg

Title: Sand Part 1: The Belt of the Buried Gods (A Taste of Tomorrow Omnibus)

Author Hugh Howey

Genre: Speculative Fiction, Dystopian, Science Fiction

Pages: 40

Book 1 for 2015

Date: 1/5/15

The world Howey tells of is a world covered in Sand.  Sand Divers dive down hundreds of meters in the Sand to pirate up stolen goods from old hidden cities.  In The Belt of the Buried Gods, Part 1 of the Sand Series, a band of pirates are out to find the ultimate treasure and will attempt to use divers Palmer and Hal to discover it.  Howey tells readers:

This is the first of 5 parts of SAND. The full novel will be released mid-January, 2014. I believe they are best enjoyed in parts, but many may prefer to wait for the full novel. It's your choice!

This was the least interesting story to me of Howey’s when I scoped out his material but- as always- was pleasantly surprised, it was so good.  I look forward to reading the next installments.  And man, does he know how to end a story or what?! 

Howey describes his dystopia as optimistic and it is.  He paints beautiful, effortless worlds, filled with hope and love.  I was literally on the edge of my seat for this one.  I am so glad to have found Howey's work.  Can be read as/ is a stand alone.

Its official- I am in love!  And he is only 2 years older than me?? *Swoon*  Is it possible to have a crush on an author?

Edited by Anna Begins

sand1-1.jpg

taste.jpg

Title: Sand Part 1: The Belt of the Buried Gods (A Taste of Tomorrow Omnibus)

Author Hugh Howey

Genre: Speculative Fiction, Dystopian, Science Fiction

Pages: 40

Book 1 for 2015

Date: 1/5/15

The world Howey tells of is a world covered in Sand.  Sand Divers dive down hundreds of meters down in the Sand to pirate up stolen goods from old hidden cities.  In The Belt of the Buried Gods, Part 1 of the Sand Series, a band of pirates are out to find the ultimate treasure and will attempt to use divers Palmer and Hal to discover it.  Howey tells readers:

This is the first of 5 parts of SAND. The full novel will be released mid-January, 2014. I believe they are best enjoyed in parts, but many may prefer to wait for the full novel. It's your choice!

This was the least interested story to me of Howey’s when I scoped out his material but- as always- was pleasantly surprised, it was so good.  I look forward to reading the next installments.  And man, does he know how to end a story or what!? 

Howey describes his dystopia as optimistic and it is.  He paints beautiful, effortless worlds, filled with hope and love.  I was literally on the edge of my seat for this one.  I am so glad to have found this mans work.  Can be read as/ is a stand alone.

Its official- I am in love!  And he is only 2 years older than me?? *Swoon*  Is it possible to have a crush on an author?

I went to purchase this box set, but turns out I already had in Feb last year. :giggle2:

I went to purchase this box set, but turns out I already had in Feb last year. :giggle2:

The Sand one or- oh I'll just email you, I owe you one anyway lol  It's good to see you around!

The Sand one or- oh I'll just email you, I owe you one anyway lol  It's good to see you around!

I just saw your email, so while I am here, it's the 11 book collection one. Will reply to your email later tonight. :)

No, only EC so far :( I wish to read more, though! :yes:

She is fun!!  I've read and re read (ok, a few times lol) Lost Souls.  Plastic Jesus was also an interesting... um...choice for a story :D

Happy reading in 2015, Anna  :smile:

Thanks Steve, you too!  I've decided not to rate books any longer :smile:

Happy reading, Anna! I look forward to all of your reviews of the dystopian stuff (and everything else, of course). :D

I bought Season One back in 2012, and I'm 99% sure I've read it, but I can't find that I've reviewed it anywhere or even put it on my 'Books Read' posts. :o I must have read it, because it's dropped off my TBR pile, and I remember buying Season Two (which is still on my TBR pile) because I was so impressed with the first one. No idea how I've overlooked that. :dunno: Clearly I have too many books.  :drama:  I've briefly read the synopsis and I think I remember it but I may be getting it confused with another dystopian series (I read a few of them around the same time). Totally baffled! :eek:

You two make me laugh.  :giggle:

I've decided not to rate books any longer :smile:

I've pretty much come to that decision, too.  I spent the latter part of last year looking at my earlier scores and thinking how many of them needed revising  :giggle2:  

You two make me laugh.  :giggle:

In my case, one of the perks of having short term memory loss! I don't know how many times I have bought two copies of the same book at different stages. It doesn't happen as often now I have a smart phone, and I can double check my GoodReads list while on the hunt. :giggle2:

In my case, one of the perks of having short term memory loss! I don't know how many times I have bought two copies of the same book at different stages. It doesn't happen as often now I have a smart phone, and I can double check my GoodReads list while on the hunt. :giggle2:

Yes, I don't know where I'd be without modern technology! Well, I suppose I'd have copious amount of hand-written notes instead, but it's so much nicer being able to just tap a screen and have your entire collection at your fingertips. :) Even then, I still manage to occasionally double up!

Yes, I don't know where I'd be without modern technology! Well, I suppose I'd have copious amount of hand-written notes instead, but it's so much nicer being able to just tap a screen and have your entire collection at your fingertips. :) Even then, I still manage to occasionally double up!

Yep, I still do as well. Sometimes it's because I found a better cover though. :blush:

I love being able to check my collection while I'm out. I used to have to print this huge list, and before modern technology I didn't have a list of my books - but back then I didn't have as many and my memory worked a lot better (also, there weren't as many books released with different covers and such).

She is fun!!  I've read and re read (ok, a few times lol) Lost Souls.  Plastic Jesus was also an interesting... um...choice for a story :D

Thanks Steve, you too!  I've decided not to rate books any longer :smile:

What!!!! Not rate your books, not even a good or bad. What will I do when I see a book that you have read? :)