Mysteries set in Caribbean or Southern USA?

SiameseCat

I've done a lot of research with no satisfactory results. The local library and book shops just refer me to Agatha Christie's Carribean mystery, which is plain embarassing. (The suggestion, not the book.)

Stuck in the south west of England with its depressing weather I tought I'd put the question to this forum for some much needed escapism.

I tried a cople by Tami Hoag - the atmosphere wasn't too bad. But she's far too enraptured with female anatomy and sex scenes (we all know the basics, move on already). And to compensate her violence is just needlessly gratuitous. Sorry to repeat myself, but a skilled wordsmith needs neither of those.

End of rant. ;)

Thanks very much.

Here is an older thread that gives some names and titles you might be interested in, no Caribbean, but def Southern.  http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/11107-top-10-books-of-2012-for-fans-of-new-orleans-and-louisiana-set-tales/?hl=%2Bjames+%2Bsallis#entry341178

If no other author, look up James Sallis.  His Lew Griffin series is excellent.  But his others are fantastic as well.