80s TV Celebrity Crush

dtrpath27

I feel like a teenager talking about this, but I was at someone's house tonight and in walked my TV celebrity crush from the 1980s. She just said her friend was coming over, but not who it was. When she said his first name, it clicked. It was all I could do to keep from blushing! Not at all what I expected to do with my evening.

Ooh, what an unexpected surprise! Did you maintain your composure? :D

I was pretty young in the 80s, but my earliest TV celebrity crush was John Stamos from Full House. Not sure what I'd do if he suddenly walked into my house! I wouldn't say I have a crush on him anymore, but he has certainly aged well.  :blush2:

Who was it, who was it, who was it???!!!

When I was 7 years old, I declared I was going to marry Adam Ant - he was just so beautiful, and very theatrical - I suppose that was part of the appeal. I still love his music now. ;)

I mean, look at those cheekbones and those intense eyes! How could anyone possibly resist him, eh?

post-3572-0-90560000-1418817042_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-12962300-1418817052_thumb.jpgpost-3572-0-32164300-1418817272_thumb.jpg

It's worth mentioning I had a jacket very similar to that in the 90s and also wore those wrist bangs and bracelets, as well as putting random thin braids and feathers in my hair (I sometimes do that part even now!). I stopped short of the white stripe across the nose and the red stripes on the cheeks, but I do still like wearing heavy black eyeliner and black nail polish...

My sister once met Limahl from Kajagoogoo. He borrowed her hairspray when he was doing a gig in the bar where she worked, and went for drinks afterwards. They got on rather famously. She was very cool about it, considering she fancied the pants off him as a kid. At least she wasn't Too Shy Shy! ;)

post-3572-0-04406900-1418817443_thumb.jpg

Who was it, who was it, who was it???!!!

I am dying to know!

Glad to hear it!  :giggle2:

:giggle2:

My crush has always been David Bowie.  We share the same birthday, he is 30 years older than me to the day and as old as my father by 4 days :giggle2:

bowie-1.jpg

bowie2.jpg

Edited by Anna Begins

I feel like a teenager talking about this, but I was at someone's house tonight and in walked my TV celebrity crush from the 1980s. She just said her friend was coming over, but not who it was. When she said his first name, it clicked. It was all I could do to keep from blushing! Not at all what I expected to do with my evening.

I have to know who it is!

In the '80s, I remember having a crush on Michael J Fox because of Back To The Future.  Also, of course, Zack from Saved By The Bell in late 80's early 90's.

David Bowie has always been an idol of mine. And to me he will always be the Goblin King! <3

I had a friend whose mom wouldn't let her watch The Labyrinth because of Bowie's bulge.  She said it was vulgar.   :rolol:

I have very vague memories from the 80s, when it comes to crushes... But I believe I liked all the cool kids from New Kids on the Block except for one of them. :blush::D

And please, dtrpath27! In Finland we have this saying: you shouldn't keep crazy people in suspense. So I demand you tell us who your 80s crush was!!! :lol: