Hello everyone! I am new

Floridatilly

Hi, I live in the north west of England, I have 3 young children and I LOVE to read!! Books I have really enjoyed are;

Mortal instruments & infernal devises

Maze runner series

Kelley Armstrong books

Twilight saga

Karin Slaughter books

Karen Rose books

Gone girl

Some Simon Kernick

Some James Paterson

I am currently looking for a new series to get my teeth into so if you have enjoyed these type of books and can recommend anything I would be very greatfull!!!

I have heard about 'the Dresden files' not sure if anyone has read these and would recommend ???

Thanks

Hello! Welcome to BCF :welcome2:

I have read the first of the Dresden Files series, and I enjoyed it, and intend to read more.  I know others on the forum have read many more in the series and enjoyed them too.

If you like Kelley Armstrong books, I'd recommend Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series and the follow on seres Bloodlines.  Also, you might like the Savant series from Joss Stirling.

Welcome here :)!

I've just finished reading The Maze Runner series not too long ago and liked them. I have some of the other books you mention on my TBR (to be read), such as the Cassandra Clare books (I'm waiting for the paperback release of book 6 in the Mortal Instruments series to then read both the Infernal Devices series and that one) and Gone Girl.

Aside from The Maze Runner series, I also really liked The Hunger Games series and the Divergent series. I have some other dystopian YA books (young-adult) still on my TBR, so I can't tell you yet what I think of those (just that I've heard good things). I plan to read another dystopian YA series somewhere early next year, maybe the Legend books by Marie Lu or something else.

Of Simon Kernick, I've read the Quickreads title Wrong Time, Wrong Place, which I liked (but didn't love). I also read the Twilight books quite a few years ago but I don't own them (my sister does). I liked books one and four better than two and three.

I'm pretty sure some people on here have read and liked The Dresden Files, I want to say.. Karsa (Orlong) has (we call him Steve)?

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and find some nice recommendations :).

Hi, welcome to BCF. :welcome2:

I recently finished my first Karin Slaughter book, Triptych and thought it was excellent. Have you read it? (I assume you probably have.) I'm very much looking forward to exploring her works further. :yes:

Edited by Ben

Hi, welcome to BCF. :welcome2:

I recently finished my first Karin Slaughter book, Triptych and thought it was excellent. Have you read it? (I assume you probably have.) I'm very much looking forward to exploring her works further. :yes:

Yes I have read all her books and they are fantastic, some are quite gruesome though. I would highly recommend you start from the beginning with 'blindsighted' (the grant county series) as you will 'understand' Sarah Linton more and other characters, the back ground story follows on throughout all the books

Welcome here :)!I've just finished reading The Maze Runner series not too long ago and liked them. I have some of the other books you mention on my TBR (to be read), such as the Cassandra Clare books (I'm waiting for the paperback release of book 6 in the Mortal Instruments series to then read both the Infernal Devices series and that one) and Gone Girl.Aside from The Maze Runner series, I also really liked The Hunger Games series and the Divergent series. I have some other dystopian YA books (young-adult) still on my TBR, so I can't tell you yet what I think of those (just that I've heard good things). I plan to read another dystopian YA series somewhere early next year, maybe the Legend books by Marie Lu or something else.Of Simon Kernick, I've read the Quickreads title Wrong Time, Wrong Place, which I liked (but didn't love). I also read the Twilight books quite a few years ago but I don't own them (my sister does). I liked books one and four better than two and three.I'm pretty sure some people on here have read and liked The Dresden Files, I want to say.. Karsa (Orlong) has (we call him Steve)?I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and find some nice recommendations :).

I just read up on 'legend' and it sounds really good so going to buy that right now lol, I had never heard of it that's why I joined this forum as all my friends don't read so I don't get recommendations I just spend hours in book shops lol

Hello! Welcome to BCF :welcome2:

I have read the first of the Dresden Files series, and I enjoyed it, and intend to read more.  I know others on the forum have read many more in the series and enjoyed them too.

If you like Kelley Armstrong books, I'd recommend Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series and the follow on seres Bloodlines.  Also, you might like the Savant series from Joss Stirling.

I had looked at vampire academy but was put off by the movie, I might get the first one and give it a go though as I did love kelley Armstrong books although I loved the adult ones (bitten etc) rather than the YA ones she did, not heard of Joss Stirling but will check her books out, thanks

I hope you enjoy the Legend books! Do let me know what you think of them, if you want :).

I realised I've read one Karin Slaughter book (the only one I own), it's Martin Misunderstood, which I read in Dutch as Onbegrepen. Would you say that one is a good example of her work?

Welcome!

IMO I didn't like Vampire Academy as much as some of the other YA I've read.  I second Athena's Divergent, and Hunger Games recommendations.  I am on the 3rd book of The Maze Runner quartet and all 3 so far, have gone very quick and easy, I have really enjoyed them.

Edited by Anna Begins

Hello Floridatilly and welcome to the forum. :smile:

As you enjoyed Gone Girl, have you read Gillian Flynn's other two books? I read them this month and thought they were very good....in the same style as Gone Girl, so hopefully you would enjoy them.

Hi! Welcome. :)

I've read the first 4 or 5 of the Dresden books and enjoyed them although they do tend to be a lot alike, finally. But they are fun. I'd recommend them, for sure.

Loved Gone Girl. :D