Alone on a wide wide sea by Michael Morpurgo

This has to be my all time favourite book! I never used to be much of a reader but I always loved writing. However when I was 11 my class hosted a readathon for MS research, a very worthy cause. We all had a month to read as many books as possible and we would be sponsored for every book we chose. I have to admit that this seemed like a terribly daunting task for me. I don't even think I have read a book up to that point. I can't remember the very first book I read but I do remember that after one week I was only on chapter 4! I decided that the book wasn't for me and picked a new one, although I did add it to my list for sponsorship! The next book was Michael Morpurgo's. Once I started I literally couldn't put it down. I read it all day, I stayed up late to keep reading it and finished it at the end of the next day. I love that book! That pretty much opened the floodgates into my reading career! I read fifteen books at the end if the month, a huge achievement for me! Since then I haven't stopped reading!! I would definitely recommend Alone on a wide wide sea to evetyone!! It's a tale of a brother and sister seperated by tragic circumstances but they never stopped looking for each other! You won't regret reading it, I promise!