Hello! New author here!

Sophie McNeill

Hi everyone!

My name is Sophie McNeill and I'm an up and coming author. I published my first ebook, Thunderstorm for young teens (10-13). I love to read and write and I've always enjoyed book clubs. Since publishing Thunderstorm I've really gotten in to reading ebooks! I never used to read books online and I only occassionally read my Kindle but now I'm finding so many books to read that I don't know where to start! I joined The Book Club Forum to get some guidance as to what's good and what's worth a miss! I also hope to see my book on here soon!

I look forward to reading with you!

Sophie

Welcome here! What kind of stories do you think you'll enjoy reading? It's easier to recommend a book if I know a bit more. What kind of films or TV series do you like to watch (ie. something with action, something more with drama, maybe science-fiction, fantasy or contemporary etc.)? Do tell us more :).

There's always the Your Most Recommended Books thread :). There should be lots of good reads found in this thread. See what appeals to you. The Kindle allows you to download samples for a lot of books.

I really enjoy young adult adventure books!!!! I've just published my very own adventure book, Thunderstorm, and have just finished reading the Hunger Games, for the millionth time. I also like the classics, Jane Austen etc. I also enjoy fantasy like Twilight or A Great and Terrible Beauty. I also like booms on mythology or based on mythology like Percy Jackson. It's been a while since I've found a really good book so hopefully I'll find one here!!

I've got some of the Percy Jackson books on my TBR (to be read), I've heard good things. I did read The Hunger Games series and loved it. I also love the Divergent series. I just finished reading The Maze Runner books with our Group Read, most of which I really liked. I'm sure you'll be able to find some nice recommendations here :).