Amazon.nl is now live

Athena

I doubt anyone's interested since there aren't many Dutch people here, but just in case, Amazon.nl now exists and for now is selling Dutch ebooks (as well as ebooks in other languages). They offer a few Kindles, but they come from Germany, for now (which would be cheaper than getting one from the US, definitely).

The site so far seems nice, albeit with less deals and less options than the Amazon.com one I'm used to. When I logged on to Amazon.com earlier, it told me I could migrate my account to the Dutch site, but I'm not sure yet if I want to do that. The Dutch site seems to offer less English ebooks, or at least makes it harder for me to find things on first glance.

Anyway, the prices for Dutch ebooks look pretty good, compared with other sites where you can buy Dutch ebooks (which seem more expensive). I look forward to see how Amazon.nl will develop over time. All in all I find it a good development (as long as they don't force me to use the site in case I prefer the one I'm used to) :). I'll be taking a better look at it at a later time.

EDIT: Based on some 'random' searches, it would appear many of the famous books are there, in Dutch and English. However some (free) self published American books, that are on Amazon.com, aren't found when I search for them. So I won't be migrating over just yet because I presume I can't go back, but it's still nice to keep an eye on the site and see how it develops (it is a shame it's not possible to have ebooks from both, on the same Kindle).

Edited by Athena