The Maze Runner - James Dashner

Devi

I think your question exposes a plot hole, Anna.

We are probably supposed to assume that they died, but I'm sure Thomas and Teresa entered the codes quickly enough for at least some to survive. So if the Gladers died, then the Grievers must have overcome them very quickly.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 40

Hon, I will totally discuss this book with you... it's on going!!  I am only starting on Scorch Trials this morning, just finishing the first book last night.  So we are just about the same.  You will find the last 20 Chapters or so go fast, you'll finish quicker than you think :smile:

I think your question exposes a plot hole, Anna

Gosh, I hope not!  :blush2: But I think so :o

Are you on to/ in to The Death Cure now?

Edited by Anna Begins

Chapter 40

I hope you enjoy the rest of the book :). Do take your time, we're more than happy to talk with you about it after you finish it :).

P.S. I'm almost afraid to mention it, but I finished The Death Cure :blush2:. It was quite good. It's different from the first two books but it was quite interesting and there were a lot of plot twists. My review will be posted tomorrow (I've written most of it), but I thought I'd quickly say something here. Don't worry, I'm more than happy to wait discussing it until more of you have read it. I was feeling tired today and had a headache, I didn't feel up for doing much but I did need some distraction so I had a bath and then read more of the book.

Edited by Athena

I'm about half way through in The Kill Order which is very interesting. I don't recommend reading it until you've finished the trilogy, though, as it does spoil some things. The main character is named Mark and I look forward to see where the story will go, I don't really have an idea! The book is fast paced and pretty good so far :).

Devi- are you going to continue with the rest?

The main character is named Mark and I look forward to see where the story will go, I don't really have an idea! The book is fast paced and pretty good so far :).

I wish it had more to do with Thomas, I am pretty involved with these characters!

I wish it had more to do with Thomas, I am pretty involved with these characters!

The prologue involved Thomas and one other familiar character, otherwise I haven't seen him yet. I do think though he will show up at some point, but I don't really know. I agree! I really liked Thomas. Though I do like the characters of this book as well, I do hope to see Thomas or any other familiar characters at some point.

I am going to try, I have the second book sitting next to my bed waiting to be read.

I think you'll like it, it goes pretty fast.  I've spent some time with it today and am nearly 1/2 through.  IMO it's a lot more intense than Maze Runner.

Athena, The Kill Order is set before the rest of the books, isn't it? Does it answer some questions about why the world is the way it is? Is it more about WICKED?

Yes it's a prequel and it's set before the rest of the books. So far it has answered some questions but I'm hoping for some more answers (I'm ~75% in it). WICKED has not been mentioned yet, but I think we will hear about it before the end of the book, I hope so at least! I can't tell you exactly what happens though without spoiling the other books. Most of the story takes place thirteen years before The Maze Runner, Mark has these dreams that are flashbacks so you also hear a bit about his past. It's quite interesting but some parts of the book focus a bit too much on action and too little on answers in my opinion. I'm hoping to get more answers as I get closer to the end.

I finished The Kill Order, but I have been mortally wounded cut myself while cooking so typing is a bit difficult at the moment, so my post will be brief. I liked the book but was disappointed with it. It wasn't, in my opinion, as good as the other books in the series and it could've been better. I wanted more answers and more connections to the other books. Some answers are given but I wanted more. For most of the book, the familiar characters aren't mentioned. There was too much focus on action. I did like the book though and if you really like the other books I do still recommend reading it but know it's not as good as those (imo). I might post more thoughts later.

Managed to read about 130 pages in one sitting last night of The Scorch Trials, so pretty happy with myself right now. That's more like what I used to do.

Managed to read about 130 pages in one sitting last night of The Scorch Trials, so pretty happy with myself right now. That's more like what I used to do.

Ya see, it goes quick!  I did about the same yesterday.  What Chapter are you on?  I'm holding off today to read The Humans (I started it during Novembers read a thon), so tomorrow, we should be roughly in the same place :smile:

Edited by Anna Begins

Ugh- I'm at my moms and always read outside.  BUT today it is so cold (40F, 4C) I can't go out/ don't want to go out.  It's throwing a major kink in my reading.  What's going on in Scorch Trials where you are, Devi?  Wait!  Don't tell me that :giggle2: you might be farther along than I!  lalalalalala :P

Edited by Anna Begins

Ya see, it goes quick! I did about the same yesterday. What Chapter are you on? I'm holding off today to read The Humans (I started it during Novembers read a thon), so tomorrow, we should be roughly in the same place :smile:

That's great :)! Are you enjoying it?

Ugh- I'm at my moms and always read outside. BUT today it is so cold (40F, 4C) I can't go out/ don't want to go out. It's throwing a major kink in my reading. What's going on in Scorch Trials where you are, Devi? Wait! Don't tell me that :giggle2: you might be farther along than I! lalalalalala :P

I'm up to chapter 32. I am enjoying this book far more then the first one so far.

oh my gosh, that lightning storm had me freaking out a little. I was sure Minho was going to die. I also have a feeling that girl Brenda might be from group b. They are underground in the tunnles after a blast blocked them in.

You can tell me if I am right or not Athena! Just do it in spoiler tags. :)

Edited by Devi

Ok now I'm on Chapter 50 and I have to go to school!  :banghead:   I don't want to stop!

I think I like Scorch Trials better than Maze Runner too.

Oh well feel free to tell me if I am right in my spoiler then! :)

I'm scared to peek *nail bitting* lol

Ok

Brenda is not with Group B. I thought she was going to be as well.

Good to know not just me who thought the same. :giggle2: