What's Up In November? - 2014

chesilbeach

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting a new part-course this week in Philosophy B; Political philosophy. So I will be busy reading the material for that and watching the recorded lectures. 

The second Sunday of November is Father's Day in Sweden, so I have to think about what to get for dad. 

My birthday is coming up after that, but it's just the 31st, so it will go by unnoticed. 

It will be mostly studying, again, this month. Hopefully I will have time to read more than just what I have to read for school. 

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that November 4 is election day in the U.S. for many important positions like the U.S. Senate and House. I cast my votes earlier today. I have been watching the election results all evening. I even forego The Voice on TV.

In other matters I have been studying and putting together a prospective "wine list" of wines to purchase in the fall wine sale at my favorite wine store in Washington, DC (Calvert-Woodley). I am trying to narrow the list down before I show it to my wife. :)

Starting a new part-course this week in Philosophy B; Political philosophy. So I will be busy reading the material for that and watching the recorded lectures. 

The second Sunday of November is Father's Day in Sweden, so I have to think about what to get for dad. 

My birthday is coming up after that, but it's just the 31st, so it will go by unnoticed. 

It will be mostly studying, again, this month. Hopefully I will have time to read more than just what I have to read for school.

Good luck :)!

I have to write an argumentative paper on ebooks verses traditional books  :giggle2:

Sounds interesting! I was planning to write my opinion on those things for my book about books :P. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do a good job :).

I can rest now for a few days, then this weekend we celebrate my grandma's birthday (a bit earlier than it actually is but okay), I hope it will be fun :) (tiring though).

Pretty much just work for me, but I have been getting to shoehorn some reading in before bed on a night. I'm also meeting the girlfriend for our usual Wednesday lunch later so that's always nice. :wub:

Thanks Athena. How old is your grandmother? 
Oh, I so wish I had at least one of my grandmothers alive. They died with I was 13 and 3 years old. (Not too surprising though since mom's parents were 47 & 53  when mom was born, and the other grandmother was 71 when I was born.) 

I'm thoroughly enjoying November at the moment.  The weather is just starting to turn chilly, the nights are drawing in, we'll soon be using the wood burner and be all snug and cosy in the evenings. :)

I've got a couple of days off so a long weekend ahead of me, and lots of things to do, and hopefully will find some reading time in there as well!  Hoping to go to Westonbirt Aboretum at some point, for a walk through the autumn trees … the best place around here for seeing the changing colours of the leaves. :smile2:

Pretty much just work for me, but I have been getting to shoehorn some reading in before bed on a night. I'm also meeting the girlfriend for our usual Wednesday lunch later so that's always nice. :wub:

I hope you have fun with your girlfriend :)

Thanks Athena. How old is your grandmother? 

Oh, I so wish I had at least one of my grandmothers alive. They died with I was 13 and 3 years old. (Not too surprising though since mom's parents were 47 & 53  when mom was born, and the other grandmother was 71 when I was born.)

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmothers. Mine is turning 80 soon (she was around 25 when she had my mother and my mother was 25 when I was born). My other grandmother is I think one year younger. I even knew three of my greatgrandmothers, when I was a little girl. My grandfathers are both older, I think maybe 82 and 83.

I've got a couple of days off so a long weekend ahead of me, and lots of things to do, and hopefully will find some reading time in there as well!  Hoping to go to Westonbirt Aboretum at some point, for a walk through the autumn trees … the best place around here for seeing the changing colours of the leaves. :smile2:

I hope you have fun :)!

I will not panic, I will not panic, I will NOT panic. Found out yesterday that hubby's job will not pay us for the week he was off for his surgery. They told us he would as he's salaried not hourly. He works long hours and was getting calls from work while he was in the hospital. So disgusted right now. Light bill and care insurance is do today and I can't take the kids for their weekend visit. He will be looking for a new position. Now I must make the most of this mess but I will not panic.

Sorry to hear that, Virginia :(

We had to cancel our trip to the Arboretum this morning, and the weather was just miserable. :intherain:   It rained solidly all morning, and I don't have a waterproof coat at the moment, so instead, I holed up in Starbucks and had a long read instead.  Managed to finish a book which was a good result.  Did a bit of pottering around, and then this afternoon we lit the wood burner for the first time this autumn.  It's lovely, warm and cosy, although after a late night and early morning, I was already a bit drowsy and ended up having a nap!

Waiting to see what the weather is like in the morning before we decided whether to do anything. :)

I will not panic, I will not panic, I will NOT panic. Found out yesterday that hubby's job will not pay us for the week he was off for his surgery. They told us he would as he's salaried not hourly. He works long hours and was getting calls from work while he was in the hospital. So disgusted right now. Light bill and care insurance is do today and I can't take the kids for their weekend visit. He will be looking for a new position. Now I must make the most of this mess but I will not panic.

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that :(, that seems really unfair. 

We had to cancel our trip to the Arboretum this morning, and the weather was just miserable. :intherain:   It rained solidly all morning, and I don't have a waterproof coat at the moment, so instead, I holed up in Starbucks and had a long read instead.  Managed to finish a book which was a good result.  Did a bit of pottering around, and then this afternoon we lit the wood burner for the first time this autumn.  It's lovely, warm and cosy, although after a late night and early morning, I was already a bit drowsy and ended up having a nap!

Waiting to see what the weather is like in the morning before we decided whether to do anything. :)

I hope the weather will be better for you soon :)!

We went to a restaurant yesterday to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. The family had also lunch here, though I had lunch seperately otherwise it would be too tiring. I had fun at the restaurant and the food was great. I am tired now though since it was sometimes a bit noisy (though it could've been much worse).

I sat at the kitchen table eating lunch today and was looking out the windows at the leaves on the trees. They were absolutely beautiful. The reds, yellows, oranges, etc. Fall is a wonderful time of year. The beauty alone is enough to make a person happy.

Edited by muggle not

I sat at the kitchen table eating lunch today and was looking out the windows at the leaves on the trees. They were absolutely beautiful. The reds, yellows, oranges, etc. Fall is a wonderful time of year. The beauty alone is enough to make a person happy.

It's spring here, beautiful too, all green and blossomy. :smile: 

Both of those sound really nice :)! It's autumn here, I do agree the beautifulness of the leaves is one of the good things about this season. It's actually a bit sunny here from time to time, today, which is pretty nice (it's a bit cold though but it could be a lot worse).

LOLOL!!

It's Fall here, and beautifully green when I look through the windows! Gotta love a Pine forest.......

Still gorgeous clear, blue skies and wonderfully cool days here. We're supposed to get two barely freezing nights later this week. Not bad.

They've been and gone now. Mine weren't very good this year, not sure why because my neighbour brought me the most glorious bunch. Just wish they lasted longer.

Lilacs are my favorite but, as you say, they just don't last long enough. Mine are also slow growers, not sure why.

This morning we went for a walk with the dogs, it was beautifully foggy so I quite enjoyed looking at that. The dog I was holding, she got scared from this mean dog who lives across the street, and I fell down and scraped some parts of me. The pain is slowly fading now.

This morning we went for a walk with the dogs, it was beautifully foggy so I quite enjoyed looking at that. The dog I was holding, she got scared from this mean dog who lives across the street, and I fell down and scraped some parts of me. The pain is slowly fading now.

Ouch! Put some soothing ointment on. 

Thanks, I've done that :). It's hurting less now though still a bit, and my finger and knee are turning blue. Well, it could be worse though.

Think like this: "at least I didn't break a bone". 

I always try looking on the bright side.