Your Book Activity - November 2014

chesilbeach

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I plan on reading a Catherine Ryan Hyde book before November's read a thon.  I will be reading The Humans for that. 

November will be dedicated to The Maze Runner, due to the group read.  I plan on doing the whole trilogy with Athena.

I have just finished a good read.... 'Before the Storm'  by Diane Chamberlain.

Bought in Oxfam bookshop.....'The Husband's Secret' by Liane Moriarty...I think a few of you have maybe read this one.

I started When You Were Older by Catherine Ryan Hyde this morning.  In love already.  She is such an amazing writer. And it is in First Person :wub:

Edited by Anna Begins

I started When You Were Older by Catherine Ryan Hyde this morning.  In love already.  She is such an amazing writer. And it is in First Person :wub:

These are my revised ratings on the CRH books.

Don’t Let Me Go…………... 4.5/5

Walk Me Home…………….. 4.5/5

Where We Belong………….4.5/5

Becoming Chloe………….….4/5

When I Found You………….3.75/5

Take Me With You………….3.75/5

When You Were Older……3.75/5

I will read Where We Belong next, I own both of them on- got them on Kindle deals.  Maybe in December, after The Maze Runner group read.  Have you read Maze Runner by any chance?

Edited by Anna Begins

I will read Where We Belong next, I own both of them on- got them on Kindle deals.  Maybe in December, after The Maze Runner group read.  Have you read Maze Runner by any chance?

No, I haven't read Maze Runner but will check it out.

I just checked and our library has 21 copies  (for kindle) of the Maze Runner. There are 175 people on the hold list but divided by 21 copies it means I would be number 8 - 9., not too bad. I will think about it. :)

I just checked and our library has 21 copies  (for kindle) of the Maze Runner. There are 175 people on the hold list but divided by 21 copies it means I would be number 8 - 9., not too bad. I will think about it. :)

I am envious of your library!

Have just finished The Great New Orleans Kidnapping by Michael A. Ross......a great history/detective story. :)  Review over on my thread. :)

Not sure what is next, although I'm reading a collection of short stories by Blake Crouch...the guy that wrote the Wayward Pine series.  He is interesting, sort of adventure/dystopian/Twilight Zoneish. :)

I've finished The Shining. I loved it but felt I needed something lighter so have started Past Mortem by Ben Elton which is so far an easy, enjoyable read.

Still have an ambition to read everything Stephen King has ever written!

Finished Capital by John Lanchester. Very highly recommended by me.

Glad you enjoyed it!  I thought it was excellent.  One of my top reads of the year so far. :)

I've just caught up with my weekly chapters of Nicholas Nickleby as I'd missed on last week. :blush:  Not sure what I'm going to read this week, will have to see where the wind blows me.