Your Reading Plans for the rest of the year

Athena

I have the same book but then with a blue Wordsworth cover, but with five stories instead of four. The fifth one was The Haunted Man. I liked A Christmas Carol the most of those stories, but then again it is the most famous one so maybe that's why. I knew the story and this made it easier for me to read it. I found some of the other ones a bit more difficult to understand.

I have the same book but then with a blue Wordsworth cover, but with five stories instead of four. The fifth one was The Haunted Man. I liked A Christmas Carol the most of those stories, but then again it is the most famous one so maybe that's why. I knew the story and this made it easier for me to read it. I found some of the other ones a bit more difficult to understand.

Interesting that they removed a story. I am 100% ordering this book because of A Christmas carol. Costs 50 SEK (£4.25). And you get 3 additional stories. :)

I think everyone knows the basic story of A Christmas carol, if not so much the details. I don't need to have read it to know that it's about Mr Ebenezer Scrooge meeting the 3 ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. Bah Humbug! :) I have no idea why I know the story since I have neither read it or seen it as a movie. That's what is so amazing about classics! You know the big picture of the story beforehand. 

Congratulations on #64!  Hawking is hard to read anyway, I mean the man is more than genius, he's almost sub human.  I'm sure you will read more than those 4 this year!  Happy reading :readingtwo:

I hope you mean superhuman?!  He's certainly a tough read.  I tried reading it when it first came out, but stopped at the point where I realised that, individually, I understood every word of a paragraph, but collectively it made absolutely no sense to me at all - I simply couldn't get my head around what he was saying.  Not his fault - I'd simply reached the limits of my understanding.  Apparently very few people finish the book!  I might try rereading it just to see if I can get any further.

My own plans for the year include rereading Sense and Sensibility (for the umpteeth time!) for my December book group meeting (not my choice, but I'm not complaining!).  I'd like to at least start one of my history doorstoppers before the end of the year, and get a couple more classics finished - I feel ready for another one - but I'm not fussed if I don't.  Reading will generally follow where the whim takes me. 

Next year, I think I'm going to focus more on bigger books - I've got a stack of them to read, particularly non-fiction, and I've really not got a grip on them over the past couple of years.  It'll almost certainly mean I undershoot my usual 50 or so books, but am going to regard that as a 'good' thing.  Quality not quantity!

I don't have any set plans for the remainder of the year. I might go through my TBR pile and pick some out for a definitive plan, but there are too many books that I want to read immediately that I just can't choose. I guess I need to take it one book at a time, but I do find myself easily overwhelmed. :doh: