Your Reading Plans for the rest of the year

Athena

What are your reading plans for the rest of the year, are there any books you really want to read / finish in 2014? What are they?

I'll post mine later (definitely have some books I want to read soon), I have to start cooking soon.

Well first off I need to set up my reading blog on here ;)

I'm also looking to do some re-reading. I don't tend to do that as there is always something new to discover but I've had the urge to do so recently. Hopefully 1984, Lord of the Rings, Matilda (Roald Dahl) and maybe Slaughterhouse 5. I take reading as it comes, I always have a pile to read next to me but what I do read comes down to my mood on the day I'm looking to start something new. Sometimes that's the pile or a trip to the bookshop or library can also influence.

I've pretty much got mine for the rest of the year.  I will be reading MaddAddam, until our Maze Runner group read (if anyone wants to join in, it will be in November).  I am planning on The Humans for November's read a thon, December's will be Ender's Game and December's reads will be #2 and #3 in the Maze Runner trilogy.  :smile:  :readingtwo:  

I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed as I say this, but this has been my best reading year for many years. I have had a book on the go pretty much since the beginning of the year, so my only plan is to keep on going. I have been purely following my reading vibe rather than having any specific plan in place. It seems to be working!  :D

I can't afford to be picky for the upcoming 2 months. I have 3 courses at 2 universities to finish. I will therefore focus on audiobooks for my free choices of books. I love going to bed at night listening to an audiobook until I fall asleep. Currenly listening to Clive Cussler's Sacred stone (The Oregon files series). After that, Leif G.W. Persson's 2nd novel in the Evert Bäckström series, He who kills the dragon
If I can find time, I'll read Gone girl by Gillian Flynn and/or The shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

I plan to read R. J. Palacio - Wonder 1.5: The Julian Chapter later today. I'll be getting some books for my birthday and plan to read one of the Catherine Ryan Hyde's books I'm getting, next week. I also want to read Trudi Canavan - The Traitor Spy Trilogy before the end of the year. In November and maybe December I'll be reading The Maze Runner trilogy for the group read, as well as the companion novel The Kill Order if I liked the trilogy. In December I'll be reading some wintery / Christmassy books, such as John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Miracle - Let It Snow, Rachel Cohn and David Leviathan - Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, Belinda Jones - Winter Wonderland, two books by Jenny Colgan (only one of them is Christmassy but I need to read the other one first) and two Jodi Picoult books. I probably won't read all of these! But that's what I've got lined up to choose from. For the read-a-thons I'll be reading the usual short books but it'll depend on what I feel like reading exactly. I also hope to read Outlander 1: Cross-Stitch too but I'll have to see how far I get with everything else. That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure some things might change, I might want to read different books, it'll depend on my mood.

I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed as I say this, but this has been my best reading year for many years. I have had a book on the go pretty much since the beginning of the year, so my only plan is to keep on going. I have been purely following my reading vibe rather than having any specific plan in place. It seems to be working!  :D

I'm so pleased for you, knowing what a difficult time you've had and for such a long time, too, with your mojo!  :friends3:  I think you're right in just going wherever your mood and mojo take you, enjoying the ride :D 

That's my aim, too. Read whatever I feel like reading, with no particular plans :) 

No plans as such.  Still watching my TBR dwindling, carrying on with Nicholas Nickleby and that's about it really. :)

I'm still watching mine grow :D How does that happen?  :blush2: You're an inspiration Claire but it's not rubbing off  :D 

I feel my reading is really picking up now though .. it's going to be a bit of a dismal year .. totals wise .. but then that's because I've had a lot of distractions which were mostly amazing .. so I'm not going to worry about it. My plans are to keep up the enthusiasm I currently have .. which will be difficult as November and December are not known to be good months for me as far as reading (or anything :D) is concerned. I'm much too frazzled by the thought of Christmas but I'm going to try and keep up momentum.

I've enjoyed most of what I've read so that's the main thing .. had some great reads this year :)

I have no solid plans but I do intend to try and get in 8 -10 more books before the year is out. I have plenty on my TBR so I shouldn't buy anymore books but it's my birthday soon and I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Nothing too specific. I'm hoping I'll break 100, I'm at 95 right now, but I haven't done a lot of reading in a couple of months, and I just abandoned a book. I read lIke a maniac until August, then slacked off dramatically. Just doing lots of other things.

The main TBR stack by the sofa has seven in it. /sigh/ :)

I keep starting books and not finishing them (not because I'm not enjoying them, but because I keep getting distracted by others books). My reading has slowed down lately, so I'm keeping my plan small. I'd like to finish off two of the books I'm reading: The World without Us and IT. And I want to join in with the group read of The Maze Runner.

I've already strayed from my plan lol I stopped reading MaddAddam, as I was finding it to be killing my mojo!  So I have turned to the ever dependable Jack Reacher to get me out of this slump.

And I want to join in with the group read of The Maze Runner.

:exc:

I have read 64 books including the one I am currently reading.

The current book, A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, is slowing me down considerably. I am determined to finish the book although I don't completely understand everything I read in it.

I only have 4 books on my TBR list although I hope to read many more than that:

1. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  2. The Target by David Baldacci
  3. Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
  4. I am Messenger by Martin Zusak

The current book, A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, is slowing me down considerably. I am determined to finish the book although I don't completely understand everything I read in it.

Congratulations on #64!  Hawking is hard to read anyway, I mean the man is more than genius, he's almost sub human.  I'm sure you will read more than those 4 this year!  Happy reading :readingtwo:

I just added #5 and #6 to my list: :)

5. Revival by Stephen King.................this sounds like blockbuster of a book

6. Gray Mountain by John Grisham..........my dentist will chastise me if I don't read all of Grisham's books (LOL - Figure that one out)

Well, I'm re-reading all the Harry Potter books at the mo (currently at Order of the Phoenix),and I generally have a re-read and classic head on at the mo. Of course, that's all very good in pronciple, but by the time I finish the HP, it'll be pushing up to Christmas, people will ask me what I want, and a whole load of new books will be waiting under the tree for me come the 25th (hopefully!)

I hope you enjoy it emelee. Is it available easily in Sweden?

Yes, it is. But I think I will order the english version. The place where I order most my books from has a paperback version of a book with Dicken's Christmas stories, including A Christmas carol. It's the cheapest one, and you get more than one story. :) 

christmas-books.jpg

The stories include

A Christmas Carol,

The Chimes,

The Battle of Life

and

The Cricket on the Hearth.