Fave TV programmes

marbles

I have 4 tv shows I am watching religiously just now (although 2 of them are just starting out).

These are:

Grey's Anatomy - my all time favourite show in the whole wide world - have never missed an episode - love it!!

Heroes - I am becoming rapidly addicted to this. At the end of every episode I'm gutted I have to wait another week. It's been a long time since a TV show did that.

Brothers & Sisters - Quite enjoying this although hasn't sucked me right in. Don't like to miss it though as I like to see what's happening with the Walker clan every week!

Studio 60 - I thought the 1st episode was really good and I couldn't wait to see more. I was slightly let down by the 2nd one however, on reflection, that may be because I wanna see more of it. It ends too soon! Think this show'll take some getting used to to!

I've just noticed they're all American shows! Can't say I'm ever addicted to any British shows or feel the same way about them as the ones above. Oh and, RIP Friends!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any at the moment, because there's nothing on that I watch! The ones I do enjoy are:

Studio 60 - I've seen all the episodes now, so I'm not watching it.

Heroes - Ditto.

Battlestar Galactica - Waiting for the new season to start.

Desperate Houswives - Ditto.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigators - Ditto.

All my other favourites are shows that are no longer with us, as they got cancelled :D:

Firefly

Farscape

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Boom Town

Drive

Sport's Night

The West Wing

So, at the moment, I'm not really watching any TV except while having dinner or occasionally when I'm not in the mood for reading and I channel surf to see what's on, mostly pausing only for a bit of an old film. Yesterday I caught part of Little Women starring Katherine Hepburn as Jo - she was incredibly over-the-top, but was still wonderful (she's such a joy to watch - a phenomenal actor!).

Grey's Anatomy - my all time favourite show in the whole wide world - have never missed an episode - love it!!

!!

I love it too. I try to watch it every week - although as local time is one hour later than UK it sometimes is rather hard not to nod off! (here it starts at 11.00pm)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigators - Ditto.

Love that too.

I really enjoy

House-it is so hilarious and sarcastic

Weeds-also very funny and i love the story line

Those are just two I can think of of the top of my head.

By the way has anyone heard of this new series thats coming out called Vouyer....it looks like it might be good.

Warning: long and indulgent posting.....

------------

I'm having an affair with Hannah Montana right now. Well, let's call it a summer fling since some ... uh ... more manly shows will be airing soon, like american football.

It's such a good show, I could write a thesis on how Disney TV and Disney TV movies follow the template of time honored classic plots and simply plug them into a teen-age story.

High School Musical (a huge hit) is merely Romeo and Juliet with a happy ending.

Hannah Montana, Model Behavior, The Parent Trap, Read It and Weep all use the same Prince and the Pauper theme - one pair of eyes viewing two different aspects of the same world.

Hannah Montana is such a great story in itself - the father/daughter on the show are father/daughter in real life - how cool is that?. The father actually was a big music star (if only a one hit wonder).

Like the old tv show, The Monkees, a tv rock group actually sells a ton of records in the real world - Miley Cyrus is the youngest person in history to have two albums debut at number one in the same year.

So, the actor's life is now mirroring the actor's role. Unlike the old "I'm not a doctor, I play one on TV" - Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus play a rock star and has become a rock star.

As of this week, her album is number five on the overall Billboard charts - not the kids section, overall. It opened at number one six weeks ago.

I love Scrubs, although there are only repeats on at the moment. I also love That 70s Show; I know it's been cancelled but we're still a couple of series behind. The only other show I bother to keep up with is House, which is brilliant.

There's not a lot on TV at the moment that I really love.

I'll include Doctor Who (even though it's finished for now) as otherwise my list will be really short!

Heroes is my current fave programme.

I also enjoy Hyperdrive on BBC2. Think Red Dwarf, but not as funny. It's still pretty amusing though, and there are some good characters, especially York. Last night's was pretty good, when York used an illegal electronic gizmo to go into the dreams of the rest of the crew. :)

I also watch The Simpsons - why are new episodes hidden away on Sunday teatime on C4? (Maybe they're not new, but I haven't seen them.)

That's about it really...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fireball

Apparently there's going to be a strike from writers of your favourite shows just across the border over here and you know what the main tv studies are doing about it,? going to show repeats (1) and (2) "making" more 'reality' showes.!!! :lol: and they don't know how long the strikes going to last either.

This from the press report from old Blighty.

TV writers' strike may hit live shows in US

Live US TV shows including The Daily Show with Jon Stewart could be taken off air over a dispute between writers and the Hollywood studios over extra payments for use of content in DVDs and digital media.

Hollywood TV and film writers are meeting tonight to discuss whether to down tools or keep working after their contracts expired yesterday.

They could go on strike as early as tomorrow and any industrial action could lead to live shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart being replaced with repeats.

The Writers Guild of America union is unhappy with current deals on DVD sales and the internet distribution of TV and film content.

WGA wants writers to receive a slice of the advertising revenue companies make when TV shows and films are streamed over the internet.

It also wants an additional reward for creating bespoke digital content for the internet or mobile devices.

Contractual talks with the Hollywood studios began in July but have so far yielded no settlement.

The producers are concerned about bringing in a new regime for digital sales when the business model remains uncertain.

They also say their profits from DVD sales are used to meet increasing production costs.

"The magnitude of that proposal alone is blocking us from making any further progress," J Nicholas Counter, the president of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, told writers on Wednesday, according to the Associated Press.

"We cannot move further as long as that issue remains on the table. In short, the DVD issue is a complete roadblock to any further progress."

Many Hollywood observers expect the writers' union to attempt further negotiations rather than move immediately to strike action.

Live shows that rely on topical gags from writing teams would be affected by strike action.

But the production of films and TV dramas should not suffer in the short term because scripts are delivered in advance.

However, if a strike were to drag on for weeks, scripted drama would soon be affected and have to be replaced by reality shows and repeats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

US TV shows threatened by strike

Hit US television series such as Heroes and Grey's Anatomy could be threatened by a strike of Hollywood screenwriters.

Los Angeles-based writers are poised to take action over the terms of a new three-year contract, with the current agreement running out on 31 October.

The Writers Guild of America wants its members to receive payment when their work is featured on the internet and via mobile phones.

Broadcasters are preparing to screen reality shows if the strike goes ahead.

Screenwriters last took industrial action in 1988, delaying TV series and costing a reported $500m (