Tourist Locked Inside Waterstones Bookshop

Raven

Tourist locked inside Waterstone's bookshop uses Twitter to be freed.

I suspect there are plenty on here who would have managed to stick it out for the night!

Also, it doesn't say much about their security system that someone could wander around the shop for two hours without an alarm going off.  Surely there was a fire escape somewhere he could have used to get out?

I saw this on twitter this morning and I did wonder why he tweeted at Waterstone's after being stuck for two hours rather than just phoning the police to be let out... however, I do completely understand wanting to remain stuck in an enormous bookshop by yourself all night :D

I also liked the suggestions that he should build a giant book fort :giggle2:

I loved this. Had I been locked in, as compensation, I would have asked for 30 minutes to pick out as many books as I could stuff in their largest bag, as compensation! We'd call it even then!

When I worked at Barnes and Noble we begin making the closing announcements about 15 minutes before closing. Then we'd do it every five minutes. We also started walking the isles and making sure there were no customers lurking (cause some do!) in the corners and we'd check the bathrooms. Nothing more scary then closing the store and finding someone popping out of the bookshelves with evil intent.