"genius battle"

I'm sure many of you read the Sherlock Holmes storyes and had seen the TV series "The mentalist". I liked both of them and i'm I'm looking for a book with a storyline like this two, where there presents the battle between 2 genius (Sherlock Holmes-Moriarty / Patrick Jane-Red John), the good one and the bad one; where the author explain how the protagonist figuerd out certain things; how they influence on the secondary characters. Thanks a lot! 

• 10 months later...

Hello,

The only other books like this that I can think of right now are the Monk series. They are actually based off the TV series of the same name. These books are about a brilliant homicide detective who suffers from severe OCD. He is as brilliant as Sherlock Holmes and he seems able to solve any case, except the murder of his wife. Monk is trying to catch this bad guy just like Sherlock is trying to stop Moriarty.

P.S. I believe that Monk is based off the Sherlock Holmes novels. Also, you could read the Sherlock Holmes spin off novels by various authors.