Halloween reads?

Michelle

Do you have a book you return to every Halloween.. or is there a book you're meaning to read this year?

Not usually, as I'm not really a fan of the horror genre and I generally just allow Halloween to pass me by. However, I've been wanting to read something by Joe Hill for a while, and had decided to read either Horns or Heart-Shaped Box this month even before he was chosen for the October read. :)

How about you, Michelle?

I'm reading Horns this year because of the October Group Read, but am hoping I'll also get around to reading Stephen King - The Shining this year in October. But there are other, non-horror books I want to read too, so we'll have to wait and see.

I don't usually do a Halloween read but this October I'm reading Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas for 'horror month' and will be reading The Asylum by John Harwood after that, so I'll definitely be reading something spooky come Halloween :lurker:

How about you, Michelle?

Usually I'm caught up with whatever review books I have at the time, but this year I've been ble to read The Reviver by Seth Patrick, No One Gets Out Alive by Adam Nevill, and Florence and Giles by John Harding - which have all been suitable in their own way. 

At the moment I'm reading a fun children's book, but that won't take me long. I'm then looking at my review and non-review books to see what comes next - I'm still in the mood for some scares! :) 

I don't usually do a Halloween read but this October I'm reading Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas for 'horror month' and will be reading The Asylum by John Harwood after that, so I'll definitely be reading something spooky come Halloween :lurker:

I listened to that one a while ago - it's a slow burn, but pretty good. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a Halloween person at all, Halloween is not a Finnish thing (although some are trying very hard to make it so...), but when everyone on here is talking about horror books and scary reads, I'm getting in the mood, too. I'm going to reserve a copy of Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror from the library. It will probably not get here this month but I'm not bothered if I read it next week or later. I've read the book before and it creeped the bejesus outta me! 

or is there a book you're meaning to read this year?

There is, and I've nearly finished it:  The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury  :smile:

ETA: reviewed it here  :smile:

Edited by Karsa Orlong