Outlander

Athena

6 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Yes!  thank you for that news Little Pixie:thankyousigna2:!  Would be great to finally be able to see it.  Only about 2 years behind but better late than never:yahoo:

:D

I`ve read the first book and shall give it a go too. :)

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I've only read the first one so far as well.  Wonder if they'll show both series?

According to Geektown, More 4 has the rights to show Outlander from the beginning and ...

‘Outlander’ will still premiere on Amazon Prime, but More4 will air the series some months later.

- I`m guessing that means all the seasons will air on More4. :) 

Well I can't speak for the whole thing, but I've seen the first 8 episodes (and not read the book). I will spoiler this, in case of anyone who hasn't read the book nor seen the TV show.

From what I recall, in the first 8 episodes, there was some violence, and some rape attempts (and unwanted kissing and such). I also think there was some nudity by certain people but I don't recall exactly to be honest (I prefer to forget such things). I can't compare it to the book though. I would say it was less naughty than Game of Thrones, but I haven't seen Midsomer Murders so I couldn't comment on that. There is some naughtiness but not as much as in Game of Thrones that I recall.

From what I've heard, they don't stint on the more graphic aspects of some of the violence especially the torture scene, but apparently it's dealt with quite sensitively (whatever that means) and there is some full frontal male nudity.  So definitely not Midsomer Murders!

Thanks Gaia and Madeleine. :)

I did wonder because of something towards the end of the book, which was quite difficult to read. Then again, imagination adds so much to things, so actually seeing the TV adaptation might not be as scary. 

I'm so glad that it's been picked up by a UK channel ; I did look at the DVDs quite recently, too. :)

On 16/06/2017 at 11:06 PM, Little Pixie said:

Ooh, thanks ! :)

Any idea of the naughtiness level, on a scale of Midsomer Murders to Game of Thrones ? As I recall, the book was quite nawtee in places. :blush:

I'd say for nudity and some visceral content, it's closer to Game of Thrones than Midsomer Murders - there's a lot of sexy bits in there - Claire and Jamie go at it a fair old bit, but there's also a fair bit of her and Frank. There is also some corporal punishment in the form of whipping and some sexual assault content that could be upsetting for some viewers. It's all incredibly well done though, and filmed with the female gaze in mind. <3

5 hours ago, Kell said:

I'd say for nudity and some visceral content, it's closer to Game of Thrones than Midsomer Murders - there's a lot of sexy bits in there - Claire and Jamie go at it a fair old bit, but there's also a fair bit of her and Frank. There is also some corporal punishment in the form of whipping and some sexual assault content that could be upsetting for some viewers. It's all incredibly well done though, and filmed with the female gaze in mind. <3

Thanks Kell. :)

Yep -  I notice it's on from 9.00 - 10.20 (evening) which probably means loads of ads, especially if Timeless was anything to go by which seemed to have an ad break every 10 minutes or so:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode on Saturday after having recorded it in the week, and then realised it was on Amazon Prime, and I've watch the first eight episodes already!  I'm enjoying it, although some of it is a bit tough to watch.  Think I will definitely try reading the books at some point too. :)

24 minutes ago, chesilbeach said:

I watched the first episode on Saturday after having recorded it in the week, and then realised it was on Amazon Prime, and I've watch the first eight episodes already!  I'm enjoying it, although some of it is a bit tough to watch.  Think I will definitely try reading the books at some point too. :)

I`m looking forward to seeing ep 2 this week. I quite liked the first ep ; it did make me think I`ll get the other books ( I read Book 1 ) once the first season is done. Probably. :) 

I watched the first episode last night, and really enjoyed it - one sex scene but it was done quite tastefully!  I thought it was good overall, and quite well cast, although I found Clare's voiceover a bit annoying, I think there was too much of it.  But apart from that, I loved it.

• 5 months later...

Finally finished watching this today - the last couple of eps were a tough watch but I expected it, although I did think it was a bit drawn out in places; they did stay faithful to the book though, and I was glad to see they kept the bit with the cattle stampede, which I did remember!

• 1 year later...