Athena

What cheered you up today?

A great agility session in the sunshine and now a lovely chicken and jersey royals tray bake smelling heavenly in the oven. Happy days!

A really honest and interesting chat with my boss this morning - he said some lovely things that made my day.

Being offered a temporary job back at my old workplace, and also kicking my anxiety in the nuts and going to meet someone for the first time :)

Having a chat with the author of the horror novel I just finished (a great read). Love things like that.

Standing in the mall for two hours, collecting money for the victims of the earthquake in Nepal. The smiles of people and their willingness to help! :smile2: 

We also had a fundraiser for Nepal at work yesterday - so mine is sitting in the ballroom with all the clients and staff drinking tea and eating flapjacks (especially made for me, the only gluten free member of staff by our wonderful chef) knowing that I was making a difference.

Today I will be cheered up by a mint malt with my friend, who also just got a new job!

Yesterday I was cheered up by spending some time with my parents, my boyfriend, our dogs and the little chicken, by reading and by having the first barbecue of the year which was delicious.

We had another rehearsal for the Talent show after work today, which was great fun again, watching all the contestants. Some of them are really good. :smile:

Happy birthday Lopeanha. :)

A book that I ordered a month or more ago had been delayed for a while. I thought it wouldn't be shipped until towards the end of the month, but I was happily surprised to receive an email yesterday telling me that it had been shipped.

Also, I've been watching episodes of Community, which always makes me laugh.

To see Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell on my TV screen after what seems like years of waiting! It's not always a treat to see a beloved book bought to life but this was :) 

Heard from an old friend I haven't seen in four years or spoken to since just after Christmas. Was lovely to hear from him!

All the birthday wishes from friends, family, colleagues and of course forum members :D

Happy birthday!

Talking with my boyfriend and spending some time with him cheered me up :). Another thing that cheered me up, was that my mum gave me some old CDs that I used to listen to when I was a child. It's very nostalgic to listen to this music again!

Finding out that today week I'll get four weeks pay, not just the two I was expecting! Will make my life so much easier!

Finding out I've lost 6 lbs (despite being very bloated and feeling heavy and gross this week). I also feel like I've been able to move around a little more and have a little bit more energy. 

Another rehearsal for the upcoming Talent show that Coran and I are performing in (2 weeks tomorrow). They enjoyed our little dance so much that one of the clients asked if he could join in ! :smile:  

Edited by Talisman