What cheered you up today?

Athena

Meeting up with Anna :)!

Have fun, you two!! :smile2:

Edit: Just read in the other thread that you met yesterday, so sorry for the present tense! I'm happy to hear you had fun! :D 

Edited by frankie

Have fun, you two!! :smile2:

Edit: Just read in the other thread that you met yesterday, so sorry for the present tense! I'm happy to hear you had fun! :D

No problem, maybe I should've posted it more clearly :doh:. Thanks :D!

• 2 years later...

This is a lovely topic. Thought I would revive it.

This happened six or seven years ago when I worked in Poundland (a shop that sells items for £1 each) over the Christmas period. 

One, extremely busy day a customer comes to my checkout and is wanting to buy some Christmas plates. She only has one so I tell her "you can get three for £1. Would you like me to get somebody to bring you some more?" She replies yes and so I ring for someone. Now she has been waiting a good ten minutes at this point and not once complained. I don't work in retail now but I have also worked in Primark in the past and she is one of the nicest, understanding customers I had.

This Easter my brother (28) bought my sister (29) an Easter egg because she didn't have one 

Today: I bought some books 

I got the part of Sonia in a production of Godspell today. Am chuffed to ribbons, because my favourite song in the whole show (Turn Back, O' Man) is MY song!!! <3

Several things - first and foremost the knowledge that it was Friday and the end of the week. Having a cuddle from one our clients was also nice, as was getting home to find an ice cream waiting for me in the freezer.   

I was driving home, feeling sad, worrying about my goddaughter. She was born only yesterday and they've had to take her to neonatal care today. As I was driving home from my friends' house - about an hour's drive - I was listening to Epica as I always am. But then I felt like I needed different music, which never happens so usually means I'm really not okay mentally. So I put on Lacuna Coil, let my car randomly choose the songs - the first song I got was Heaven's a Lie, which is my first LC song and still my favourite (also the song that the singer from Epica has been featured on live sometimes). The second song was Purify, my second-favourite LC song.

Basically, my car gave me my two Lacuna Coil comfort songs when I needed it most, and it brought a smile to my face.

I find just driving home in the car makes me smile especially at this time of the year when you know you can go out into the garden, do a bit of watering, dead head some flowers, and just take in the amazing beauty of the flowers.

11 hours ago, Virginia said:

My preemi grand daughter is coming home today!! 

That is wonderful news! :)

On 01/07/2017 at 10:02 PM, Alexander the Great said:

I was driving home, feeling sad, worrying about my goddaughter. She was born only yesterday and they've had to take her to neonatal care today.

I hope that your goddaughter is doing well now. 

12 hours ago, Virginia said:

My preemi grand daughter is coming home today!! 

Congratulations, that's great news :).

Today isn't over yet here, so instead I'll post what cheered me up yesterday: my boyfriend put together the second-to-last bookcase and I can now start re-organising my books :D.

Two very small things put a smile on my face yesterday.  Talking to two colleagues at different ends of the country on the phone yesterday and one is from the north, and when he says goodbye, he says, "bye, chuck" which cheers me up every time.  And, then talking to another colleague from London, who when he says goodbye, says "Bye ... bye, bye" just like the girl in Shaun of The Dead, which also makes me smile.  It's the little things :)

I love those regional terms of endearment, I used to speak to a Scottish lady quite often who always called me "hen", and ,my friend's mum, who was also Scottish, used to call everyone "pet".  Hard to believe some people find these terms offensive or sexist!