What cheered you up today?

Athena

After watching the eclipse on Plymouth Hoe with my friends, some of us went for breakfast at a café on the waterfront. It was a beautiful day, and as we were eating, we saw a submarine coming in :) Then when I got back to my flat, I found I had an email telling me that I've got a job when my second year starts in September mentoring the first years on my course to help them with their coursework and help them settle in to uni life throughout the year  :) A few of my friends and I are going on a daytrip to Looe tomorrow, too, which should be great :D

I love this thread, so full of happy posts! :D

Edited by Tiger

A girl I have (before now) only ever hung out with through a mutual friend, asked me did I want to meet for lunch today and it went really well, so I'm happy about that. She's a lovely girl and I'd love to become better friends with her independent of our mutual friend (who is also lovely and I love spending time with both of them, but it's nice to have a friendship with her that can stand on its own legs.)

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting in the sun, out in the garden with my dad, listening to the blackbirds singing :cool:

That sounds lovely Claire :hug:

Went for a walk with Alan in the sunshine, lots of birds, butterflies and flowers and people out enjoying themselves and picnicking  :smile:

I love this time of year (when the sun shines but it's not too hot) .. it's just perfect. 

Spilling Liquid nitrogen on the floor and watching it explode

That sounds interesting.

What cheered me up more than anything today was the glorious weather - and also finding out that they had baked a fresh batch of gluten free scones in the kitchen.

Walking in the door after work to the aroma of dinner cooking! :D

This would only make me sad because it would mean flatmate was cooking for herself and not for me. :( (And she's practically a chef, as she only has a few months of school left!) :lol: 

What cheered me up today? The empty, clean kitchen counter after I did the dishes :smile2::D Small pleasures <3

Getting up this morning and seeing the back garden looking a little bit tidier after my efforts yesterday. It's still Weed City out there, but it does look slightly better! :smile:

Getting two gorgeous new dresses in the post, one of which (the stormy sky kites one) was acquired thanks to someone who kindly had it shipped to her as the seller wouldn't post outside the UK (and also thanks to our very own Janet for offering to do the same)! So thrilled with both of these!

post-4797-0-17127000-1429540992_thumb.jpg post-4797-0-31669900-1429541015_thumb.jpg