What cheered you up today?

Athena

Not getting another call from the mobile number I didn't recognise when it called me yesterday. That kind of thing really stresses me out. And no, I don't call/text back because I don't want to know who is at the other end, I just want them to leave me alone.

Seeing the clients and some of the staff at work yesterday take part in their own version of the Great British Bake Off to raise funds for Comic Relief. There were 4 teams, each consisting of a staff member and a client who had to decorate some pre-made cakes. The Kitchen Manager then had to judge which was the best. They were all dressed up in red noses and having a great time. It was won by one of our lovely clients who has Downs Syndrome - who positively beamed from ear to ear at the applause, and one of the Horticulture Tutors. Afterwards everybody paid a £1 and ate the cakes ! :smile:        

I was singing at a night of 1940s entertainment tonight, in aid of Blyth Battery (a local war museum). Not only did I get LOADS of wonderful comments, I may have landed a paying gig too - some very nice ladies took my number as they are very keen for me to come and sing at a nursing home to entertain the folk staying there with songs from their youth. Am chuffed to ribbons! And I had such a wonderful time this evening too - the Battery folk are all lovely and a real pleasure to work with. I'm really looking forward to singing at the WWII re-enactment in May. :)

This is a lovely idea for a thread, Athena! <3

Today is the first day since fall that we've seen rain and not snow. The first day of rain in the springtime always makes me so happy because it means the grass is soon to turn green and the trees and flowers will bloom and everything will begin to look fresh instead of brown and dead. :) I absolutely love a good rain storm and better yet, a good thunderstorm! 

This is a lovely idea for a thread, Athena! <3

Awww thanks :).

Since today has just started for me (it's 9:02 in the morning), I'm going to post about what cheered me up yesterday, which was sitting down and reading in Elantris by Brandon Sanderson on the sofa, after succesfully doing some cleaning in the house.

Spent the afternoon (in the sunshine) at a schools football tournament my 10 year old was playing in. They won 4 matches and drew one to get into the final, the teams were equally matched but they unfortunately lost on penalties but a great time was had by all. Plus Robbie was the teams highest goal scorer with 4 goals! So he has a silver medal to add to his athletics team gold from Sunday! Proud Mum! :) :)

My mom called and told me that she had gone to Richmond, Virginia and picked up my aunt (on my dad's side) whom she hadn't heard from in almost 40 years. She brought my aunt to her home and they spent the weekend together. Healing has happened in my family. When my parents divorced all ties were cut. Now the bridge has been rebuilt and I'm a happy girl!

You know what I love about this thread? Posts get mixed in with everyone else's. Last year I did this thing where I wrote a positive thought on a piece of paper every day, and then read them all on New Year's Eve (because I hate NYE and get quite depressed). Well, I was more depressed after reading those pieces of paper I can tell you - most of the stuff that made one day tolerable was ultimately altered in hindsight - specially anything involving boys :roll:

This thread is a much better idea :lol: What cheered me up today..... Not bumping into my housemates :lol: